Outdoor TV Mount

1,648 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Psychag
TP Ag '87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm hunting for an articulating mount for outside that has some type of a bracket that would make it easy to move a 40" TV back/forth between inside and out., i.e. not having to mess with 4 bolts each move. The TV just sits on a table in my bedroom most of the time.

Does such a thing exist?
Waterski02
AG
Probably need to buy two mounts to get two wall mounts. One of our from Parts Express has a lever to lock it into place as opposed to set screws that many models have.
TP Ag '87
AG
Rep at Parts Express said they don't have anything like that.
Bighamp03
AG
I used a ceiling TV Mount on my outdoor TV and mounted it to the ceiling underneath my porch. I just leave it there, but the mount has an arm that attaches to the back of the TV, then has an arm that comes down from the ceiling bracket, and the two slide together and there is a cotter pin that holds them together.

It would be really easy to just remove the pin and bring the TV inside while leaving both the ceiling bracket and the bracket on the back of the TV.
TP Ag '87
AG
Hmmm..... Not sure my patio cover has enough "meat" behind the Hardi-Plank ceiling to do that.
Bighamp03
AG
Just need a stud.

Here is the pic. I thought it was a cotter pin, but it is a screw. But I remember the instructions for the mount even said something like "take this screw out to bring the TV inside".

jg07
AG
I have this one and use it for my media room sidewall tvs that I also use for tailgating. Its got two knobs on the back that quickly screw off. I can uninstall/ install the tv on the mount in less than a minute. http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082806&p_id=9744&seq=1&format=2

This one also looks like it will work.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10917&cs_id=1091703&p_id=10476&seq=1&format=2

java94
AG
I have one like this for my TV that I move from inside to outside on the weekends. It has a bracket you attach to the wall, and the mount just slides onto it. You just have to push the catch release at the top and slide it up to remove it. You do have the wall mount always visible, but that's minor to me.

linky
TP Ag '87
AG
Thanks, guys. All good stuff.
GAP76
AG
related question. Do y'all recommend purchasing a TV engineered for outdoor use, or just purchase normal TV (much less expensive) and replace when it goes bad...
Bighamp03
AG
My Dynex LCD was $200 and is about to start year #3. An outdoor TV would have cost $1,500. I can buy 7.5 regular TVs for the same amount of money. If they last 2 years each and prices stay at $200 that whole time, that is 15 years worth of "disposable" TVs instead of 1 outdoor TV.

It is basically impossible to justify the outdoor TV.
GAP76
AG
BigHamp - thanks for sharing your experience. I was leaning that way but just wanted to make sure a "non outdoor" TV Will last for more than a few weeks before crapping out. Again, Thanks!
213 Grove
AG
quote:
related question. Do y'all recommend purchasing a TV engineered for outdoor use, or just purchase normal TV (much less expensive) and replace when it goes bad...
Purchase a regular cheaper tv.

I have had mine outside for a few years and it has never had problems.

I do suggest covering it though when not in use.
GAP76
AG
Thanks for the advice on outdoor TV. I Should be able to move into new house in Jan. The outdoor patio wil be all wired for TV and sound and looking forward to the move and ability to relax on back patio after work while watching Fox News or listen to 70's Classic rock. Whooooah!
Psychag
AG
I have a TV in the back porch. I bought a cheap Toshiba and the extended warranty so I can replace it if anything happens to it...without questions. I keep it covered with a Weber grill cover (perfect size).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.