Anyone use Apple Pay?

1,908 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by rynning
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tried it for a few weeks when it first came out and found it very cumbersome. Probably a lot to do with the checkout clerks not knowing what to do but still not a good experience.
Hated having to have all that security turned on all the time. I don't want to swipe my fingerprint or enter a number to access the basic phone. Why can't they just make it required for Apple Pay? I noticed when you turn off the fingerprint it deletes the credit card.
Bottom line ... Don't use it. Anyone using and was I doing something wrong in security setup?
95_Aggie
AG
You have to press the Home button to wake your phone. It's not any more effort to have it read your print.
VanGogh@1
Are you using your phone wrong?

There is no "swiping" involved with using the fingerprint reader. You just place it on the button and it works. So when you press the button to wake up your phone, it also reads your fingerprint and unlocks it at the same time.
Barry Kripke
AG
I've used it a few times. It's dead ass simple.

And having Touch ID enabled is actually FASTER than waking the phone and swiping the screen to unlock.
AggieHunter
AG
Are you using a case that prevents you from using Touch ID?

I had a lifeproof case for about a week and the Touch ID accessibility quit. I got rid of the case along for a couple other reasons, but not being able to use Touch ID was very annoying.
mjpfeffer98
AG
Yeah, I can't understand thinking that TouchID is cumbersome. I just have a 5S, so I'm not using Apple Pay, but I have it turned on for every app that will allow it (1Password, iBank, American Express, etc)

It's far faster than a PIN, and I really don't mind having to use it to unlock the phone, though I wish Apple would allow you to disable it for unlocking the phone if you are on a certain WiFi network or geofenced area, like Android does with their PIN/pattern unlock.
Token
AG
Cumbersome? I tap the phone to the machine, Touch ID lights up and I confirm. 1 step process
CoolaidWade
AG
Use it all the time at Walgreens and petsmart. Just takes a second and you're done. Faster and safer then using credit card. One step closer to not needing to carry a wallet.
30_Days
AG
haven't used it yet, but a few of the guys I work with are big fans already
ORAggieFan
Set it up but never get notified I can use it. Do I need to lookout for places that accept or should I get a notification?
lobwedgephil
Use it everywhere I can, have opposite experience of OP. Hold phone near reader, it reads fingerprint and you're done. Extremely simple and fast.
dragons06
AG
You have to look for the NFC logo on each credit card terminal. It looks like a sideways wifi signal logo.

rynning
AG
Literally one step. It automatically "wakes up" and scans your fingerprint whenever it detects an NFC reader. No buttons to push or apps to open. But it is surprising how many checkout clerks have no idea whether they accept it or not.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.