Hard Freeze causes

431 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by nomad2007
nomad2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My PC hard froze twice in the last week and it's since I've hooked my new graphics card in and plugged in my two monitor display. I had the graphics card for about two weeks on a single display with no issues. The hard freezes seem to occur when I'm displaying something graphics heavy on the second monitor.

Though all that could be a red herring for the real problem. I thought about my PSU but it's a 750W and more than enough to handle the new graphics card.

Any ideas on where to start with diagnostics?
Picard
AG
Heat
double aught
AG
Ironic, dontcha think?
nomad2007
AG
My processor is keeping at about 50C under load but the graphics card is getting up to 70C with load test. Unless it's spiking at some point for an unknown reason, I can't imagine that causing a freeze. I know 70C is high but all the information I can find is that can be normal.

OkinTexas
quote:
My processor is keeping at about 50C under load but the graphics card is getting up to 70C with load test. Unless it's spiking at some point for an unknown reason, I can't imagine that causing a freeze. I know 70C is high but all the information I can find is that can be normal.

70C? Wow, that is .
SpicewoodAg
AG
Repeat your testing with the case side cover off.

If it doesn't lock up, you probably have a heat problem. The answer BTW is not always more fans. I could need better airflow through the case.

Cold air in....hot air out
nomad2007
AG
So far no issues in three days. I cleared off the vents on the side cover, and even tried with side cover off, but no change in GPU temp. Did a ram test again but no issues. People are having similar issues on other forums with a two monitor setup with the 970 but no solution yet. Appears to happen randomly to them just like with me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.