Jurassic World official trailer. Thoughts?

3,313 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ABATTBQ11
SBISA Victim
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mid90
AG
Wrong board dude.

http://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2323269
MSCAg
AG
Are the velocoraptors actually the right size?
SBISA Victim
AG
It almost looks like Chris Pratts character has them trained.
MGS
How did mosquitoes get blood from a mosasaur?
millertyme
AG
It had me excited at first. I'll admit I had no idea what this movie would be about (besides dinosaurs). Now I am not as excited. Genetically designed dinosaurs and fighting alongside velociraptors? It just feels like a cheapened product for a money grab.
hurleyag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
It had me excited at first. I'll admit I had no idea what this movie would be about (besides dinosaurs). Now I am not as excited. Genetically designed dinosaurs and fighting alongside velociraptors? It just feels like a cheapened product for a money grab.
You realize the ones in the original were genetically designed as well, right?
millertyme
AG
Yes, but they were "real" dinosaurs spliced with frog DNA. The "bad" dinosaur in this one is a genetically modified new species. It just seems like a way to sell new toys.

I guess I could have explained myself better.
bmc13
AG
quote:
It almost looks like Chris Pratts character has them trained.

maybe they spliced in a little dog DNA too
Predmid
AG
10 bucks says they made a "new" dinosaur to be able to copyright it and market the toys for it.

Regardless, I'm tired of re-hashing the story of "incredibly smart scientists capable of playing god overlooking giant gaping hole in common sense and safety"

Companies with the resources to build a Jurassic World would have insurance companies and lawyers everywhere to make sure no catastrophic accidents could ever happen.

/blah blah blah nerding out over details in a movie
//still going to see it
Hagen95
AG
quote:
Companies with the resources to build a Jurassic World would have insurance companies and lawyers everywhere to make sure no catastrophic accidents could ever happen.

Tomdoss92
AG

not impressed.
it stinks.
10andBOUNCE
AG
It's a movie about dinosaurs. I wouldn't over analyze too much.
TheVarian
AG
It looks like a mix of a t-Rex and a raptor. If you watch the trailer, at the end you can see the shadow of it. The arms look longer than a Rex and thicker than the velociraptors
boy09
AG
Could have been worse...
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
It looks like a mix of a t-Rex and a raptor. If you watch the trailer, at the end you can see the shadow of it. The arms look longer than a Rex and thicker than the velociraptors

Word is, it will also have color-changing camo skin.

The original JP novel had dinosaurs like that too, but I don't think they were supposed to be Hybrids. It was just something unexpected, "oh, turns out that Dino we just resurrected can change colors. Didn't see that coming."
txagman1998
AG
quote:
Word is, it will also have color-changing camo skin.

The original JP novel had dinosaurs like that too, but I don't think they were supposed to be Hybrids. It was just something unexpected, "oh, turns out that Dino we just resurrected can change colors. Didn't see that coming."

IIRC, wasn't that the result of the spliced in frog DNA, given that some types of frogs can change colors?
TheVarian
AG
quote:
Could have been worse...
Gosh, that would have been terrible. It's like the original far cry and the underworld vampires had a baby. Crichton would have turned in his grave
SBISA Victim
AG
I'm glad they didn't do that.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Could have been worse...

Yes please!
mid90
AG
quote:
quote:
Could have been worse...
Gosh, that would have been terrible. It's like the original far cry and the underworld vampires had a baby. Crichton would have turned in his grave

That original far cry game was amazing. Such incredible, beautiful scenery. Graphics were way ahead of it's time. Plus the tridents scared the piss out of me all the time.

Too bad the other games in the series aren't anywhere close to the caliber of the original installment.
TheVarian
AG
quote:
quote:
Could have been worse...

Yes please!

Now I just picture Doom
wee_ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Could have been worse...

Yes please!

Now I just picture Doom
THAAAAT's why I like it so much. Gaming subconscious.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Jurassic Park 3+1
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.