Please rate my (bought) build

2,436 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by mid90
JakeyBS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
was going to revamp current pc, then realized how much that would cost. Starting over from scratch, found this company with great reviews and decent prices. Is price worth it? Am I missing any needed upgrades?

Plan on using for torrents, photo edits, and occasional gaming. I don't need the games to be the very top top quality, but I want it around current gen console capabilities.

build
  • Model: GM4213A
  • Qty : 1
  • SYSTEM PRICE: $799.59

The Items of the System are shown below
Processor: AMD FX 6300 3.50GHz Hexa-Core AM3+ RET Processor
Motherboard: MSI 760GMA-P34 (FX) AM3 V X16 2D3 M16 GL R MATX
Motherboard Memory: 8GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800
Memory 2: 4GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800
Memory Hard Drive: 1TB SATA3 7200RPM 64MB Cache
Optical Drive: DVDRW DL 24x SATA Black Optical Drive
Video Card: GeForce GTX750 TI 2GD5 X16 2DVI MHDMI
Chassis: X-Sniper2 Black / Blue Chassis
Power Supply: Ultra 750W PSU
Network Card: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Network
Keyboard: Logitech USB Keyboard and Mouse Combo
O/S: Microsoft Windows 8.1 32/64bit
Warranty: 1 Year Warranty On Labor & Parts
pnut02
AG
I'm not that up to speed on latest components, but plug in your parts at pcpartpicker.com and see what it comes out with. I haven't heard of that company (but that doesn't mean much).

Edit: not sure what is meant by Memory and Memory 2. You typically want matching pairs of memory and 4GB & 8GB certainly do not match.
IntercooledAggie
I hate to be THAT guy, but there's no point in going with CyberPower when you can build your own and get better components. I have no idea what RAM they are pulling, and if you are gaming you need to dump the Phenom and go with a i5-4690
VanGogh@1
Ditch the 4GB of memory and stick to 8GB, use that money to get an intel i5 cpu.

The 750watt power supply is a waste, and I would bump up the GPU to one level higher. Nvidia 760 gtx.
JakeyBS
AG
thanks for the help, I've never built a pc so I'm wary of finding something to screw up. But if it is that much cheaper, I'm certainly down to try.

Why intel i5? what's the advantage over amd? better than a octo core amd?

Looking at pcpicker now.
hph6203
AG
It's really not that much cheaper. It's about 10% more expensive (if that) to have someone else build it and then you ge to call them up and ***** them out when it doesn't work.

On the other hand it's ridiculously easy to build a computer. Pcpartpicker is great.
mid90
AG
It really is pretty easy to build a PC. PCPartpicker is a very handy website. You can select all of your parts, compare prices from various retailers, and it will even tell you if all of your selected parts are compatible with each other!

For me, the toughest part in building the PC was getting nervous that I would screw up and break some expensive part....as long as you take the proper precautions (mostly against static electricity), you'll be just fine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.