Bluetooth issues with Galaxy S3, Up24, and bluetooth stereo in car

686 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Scooley01
Scooley01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been having intermittent issues with the bluetooth on my phone for 5-6 months now, and I'm not entirely sure if they're all related or just coincidental bugs.

With my Up24, I frequently get a message from the app that it had trouble connecting to my wristband. The usual fix is to do a soft-reset on my phone (Which takes 1-2 minutes it seems like), but sometimes using the built in app manager to kill the UP app and re-load it works.

I also have a bluetooth stereo in my car that I play Spotify through from my phone. 80% of the time, I get into the car, and my phone connects to the stereo as soon as it comes on. Sometimes, however, the radio displays a message saying my phone is connected, but my phone does not show that it is connected to anything. If I try to connect through the bluetooth menu in the phone, it will hang at "connecting" for a minute or so, and then go back to showing the paired devices menu. Disabling/re-enabling bluetooth on the phone fixed the issue once, but has never worked since. The only solution is soft-resetting the phone AND the car stereo.

This is the stereo I have: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-X6500BT

Are these issues potentially related? Does anyone have experience with a similar problem?

I have Sprint if it matters. I want to upgrade to the S5 but I can't justify the cost at the moment, even with my upgrade discount.
jopatura
AG
I don't know if this could be causing your issues, but I always have connectivity issues when there's an app open in the background that uses the mic. For example, it is impossible for me to play my music through Bluetooth and have the Shazam app open in the background.
Scooley01
AG
I've used the built-in task manager to close all other apps in case of something conflicting, but it didn't seem to fix it. I'm almost thinking it's something wrong with the bluetooth radio itself in the phone. It is over 2 years old.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.