sync iPhone with new computer w/o losing data

652 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 19 inch cobra
schwabbin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm trying to update my iPhone 5s to iOS 8 through iTunes in order to avoid having to delete data to update OTA. My MacBook however won't update to the latest iTunes version because OSX won't update. I'm thinking I need to sync it up with my newer Windows computer.

How can I do this without losing the data on my iPhone? Is there a better solution?
OkinTexas
Copytransmanager is supposed to do that, but I've never used it. It's free i think.
Disarmer
AG
Why won't OSX update?
2006EE
AG
You can transfer your purchases. But if you have pics or music that comes from your Mac you might lose that.
Brock Sampson
AG
I've used a program before called senuti to get all the stuff from my phone to a new computer. Worked great
schwabbin
AG
quote:
Why won't OSX update?

I assume it's because it's an older MacBook. Software Update says everything is up to date.
Token
AG
You have to go to the app store for Macbook for you to get yosemitie. It's an program within the app store. It's not going to auto download
bmks270
AG
This is why I switched to an android phone. I hate iTunes.
Disarmer
AG
quote:
quote:
Why won't OSX update?

I assume it's because it's an older MacBook. Software Update says everything is up to date.
Which version of OSX are you currently running?
Apple > About This Mac
MahatmaKJeeves
I have had no problem with iTunes. I back up my phone to iTunes once a day on my work Windows machine, but have updated my wife's phone and iPad on her old MacBook bought in 07 or 08. It won't upgrade to the latest version of iTunes but still downloaded IOS 8.X and updated her equipment just fine.

Just recently upgraded from a 4S to a 6 iPhone and the process was pretty easy. Set the new phone up as a new phone first, then restored the backup from my 4S. All my photos, texts and so on copied over to the new phone just fine.
Barry Kripke
AG
quote:

iTunes is deadass simple to use. No idea why so many people have trouble with it.

On the windows computer, in iTunes set devices to not sync automatically when connected. Then connect your iPhone and update it...
19 inch cobra
quote:
quote:

iTunes is deadass simple to use. No idea why so many people have trouble with it.

On the windows computer, in iTunes set devices to not sync automatically when connected. Then connect your iPhone and update it...

iTunes really is incredibly basic and easy to use. I have never understood these people who whine about having problems with it. Clearly it's user error.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.