what Custom ROM are You Running?

488 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by HossAg
OkinTexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For those of you that are. Me, I'm running Cyanogen 11 for the HTC One M7 on vzw. Just flashed it yesterday and I'm loving it. The battery life is exceptional.
HossAg
AG
I can't get my HTC one m8 vzw to root
MGS
CM11 on a Nexus 4. I update to the latest nightly build about once a week,
OkinTexas
quote:
I can't get my HTC one m8 vzw to root

I hope you're liking it as much as i MGS. I had a hell of a hard time getting mine too root as well Hoss. It turns out that Verizon makes it difficult as possible. It can be done though. The first thing you need to do is turn S on to S off. I'll go back and look at my notes on how i did it over the next day or two and try to give you the scoop on how i rooted mine so you don't have to go through the crap that i did. Is not that difficult if you have directions for your special service. And my M7 /your M8 are similar, especially that your on Verizon like me.
HossAg
AG
Thanks. I'd appreciate that. I've tried weaksauce, and that just doesn't work on mine. I don't know how to get s-off without establishing root.
OkinTexas
quote:
CM11 on a Nexus 4. I update to the latest nightly build about once a week,

Cm runs best for me. I was thinking liquid Smooth and my Bluetooth wouldn't work. Battery life also sucked. Not anymore!
OkinTexas
Now i just need to download a smart keyboard that actually works and doesn't insert the wrong words AFTER the fact.
heddleston
AG
Slimkat on my S4. runs great
Stasco
AG
I'm just running the ROM that came on my phone........

But it's CM11 since I have a Oneplus One.
Barry Kripke
AG
iOS 8

I like not having to mod my phone to make it not suck.
OkinTexas
quote:
I'm just running the ROM that came on my phone........

But it's CM11 since I have a Oneplus One.
OkinTexas
quote:
iOS 8

I like iPhones, owned a couple for years. My htc one running android kitkat did't suck in any way before i rooted it. Iphone users also jailbreak their phones. It's really just a matter of preference. My wife has owned nothing but iPhones since they came out she likes my htc so much that when it came time to upgrade she wanted to get an M8. I told her that she should probably stick with ios since that is what she's accustomed to. Apple makes great products.
Longstreet
Used Carbon on my S3 and loved it. On my G2 I'm running a G3 port that is absolutely flawless.

quote:
None of my Android phones have sucked, before or after root.

You should probably stick with iOS.
HossAg
AG
quote:
iOS 8

Couldn't use my iPhone without jailbreaking it because it sucked too much. Haven't done a thing to my HTC and its fine. I'd like to have the ability to, which is why I'm asking okin.
OkinTexas
quote:
quote:
iOS 8

Couldn't use my iPhone without jailbreaking it because it sucked too much. Haven't done a thing to my HTC and its fine. I'd like to have the ability to, which is why I'm asking okin.

I should have a decent answer for you by tomorrow afternoon. I want to make sure i give you the proper list of apps and best way to use them Hoss.
HossAg
AG
Oh no problem man. I just appreciate you even taking the time to do it. I'd be interested in running the stock gpe edition, because it just looks so nice.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.