Super Smash Bros. WiiU

2,045 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ganondorf
Lemon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone picking this up today? Bought the bundle with the game, controller and Gamecube adapter today during my break!

I know WiiU sales have struggled hard, but since Mario Kart 8 boosted sales and now Smash Bros, I'd be interested to see how Nintendo ends up after this last quarter.
rangerdanger
AG
Gettin it at lunch. Hope that it kicks Halo's ass with online multiplayer.
agfan2013
AG
Going to pick it up no matter what, but have held back since I heard Amazon was supposedly going to follow target and offer a buy 2 get 1 free sale sometime around Black Friday since there are some other games I am
interested in as well.
Saxsoon
AG
I am going to have to wait. Destiny is still in my rotation and I just got Dragon Age Inquisition. First world problems.
Seven Psycho Ags
Getting my copy and adapter today before work. I have a GC controller already so I'm all set!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Will be picking up a wii u whenever the new zelda comes out. I'll buy smash and mario kart as well.
HossAg
AG
I'm gonna pick up a 3ds for smash bros on the go when the new models drop, but I don't want to buy a Wii u when I still enjoy brawl and melee. I've heard its amazing though.
RedbeardAG
AG
Wife just surprised me with a Wiiu as an early Xmas present. Now to return Halo MCC and download all the console updates so I can smash.
jarAGGIE05
AG
This game is amazing! Exactly what I wanted in a new smash. It's not as quick as melee but quicker than brawl, which is perfect to me. My major complaint with Melee was that it was so quick that competitively it made certain characters like Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon, and Sheik very OP compared to others. Gameplay-wise, my only minor complaint is that it is a little floatier than what I'd want, but not bad by a long shot. Something I'll get used to for sure. In general, I'm guessing every decision that was made for the gameplay was to get people to fight on the ground more than they did in Melee. Smashes just feel stronger, rolls seem quicker, while at the same time air attacks don't feel as powerful.

Love most of the new characters! The best thing I can say is they all play the way you'd expect. Their moves are often unique, interesting, and usually very useful. I still can't stand playing against Zero Suit Samus and will always despise Jigglypuff. I find Mega Man and Bowser Jr. very interesting and fun fighters.

Visually, the game is FREAKING BEAUTIFUL! What they've been able to pull off with Mario Kart and Smash on the Wii U is worth praise. All while 8 players are going at it on one screen. I give this a 10/10. This game alone makes it worth picking up a Wii U. I'd suggest a Mario Kart bundle.
Seven Psycho Ags
8 player Smash is pure chaos
texagbeliever
Who is everyone's favorite/best character?

I am a Lil Mac man myself. He is an odd combination of power and speed but has no jumping ability (especially horizontally!!).
Saxsoon
AG
I am enjoying Robin personally. When he was announced it pretty much convinced me to buy a wii u. Lots of fun with the Levin sword and the healing abilities of nosforatu.
Saxsoon
AG
And yes I caved and went ahead and got it. Been grinding the iron banner but had a few chances to jump in
jarAGGIE05
AG
Bowser Jr FTW
SF2004
AG
Off topic, but is it time to pick up a Wii U? I have noticed some bundles on sale.

We have Mario, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, and Smash now.

Zelda seems to be on deck. I wasn't fond of the Wii due to motion controls to swing Link's sword and such but it seems that the games on Wii U use a tradition controller now.
stark_ag
AG
Link is my best character overall. I've liked playing as him since 64, but he was pretty bad in Brawl, so I got away from him a bit. So glad he's back to form now.

My favorite newcomer, by far, is the Villager. Hilariously fun to play as, and once you figure out how to use him he can be seriously dangerous. Shoot a gyroid at close range, opponent roll dodges closer to me, where I'm waiting with a bowling ball. Lethal.

Edit: And yes, a Wii U is officially a smart purchase. Mario Kart and Smash are as good as they've ever been. Mario 3D World is amazing as well. Still waiting for the new Zelda, but Wind Waker HD makes the wait a bit easier.
agfan2013
AG
Absolutely it's time, I haven't had mine for too long but they are finally cranking out the must have games. For being the incredibly successful company in the past that they were, it amazes me that Nintendo didn't prioritize getting games from its biggest franchises out until this late in the console's life.

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Super Mario 3D world
New Super Mario Bros
Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros for Wiiu

All what I have or will have and are absolutely must plays if you like any of those franchises.

Add in the Zelda Windwaker remake and the new one coming up if you're into that and the console is definitely starting to become worth it's cost now.
Seven Psycho Ags
I keep hearing Bayonetts 2 is really good
GTBullitt68
AG
I just picked up a Wii U Skylanders bundle at Toys R Us for $199. All you have to do is sign up for their rewards program and buy it in store. Great deal in my opinion. Thought I'd pass it along.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So the whole console for $199?
GTBullitt68
AG
Console, sky landers game, Nintendoland and the other standard items. It was the cheapest I've found it anywhere
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's a damn good deal.

I'm seeing one at Best Buy with Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Tropical Country Tropical Freeze, and Super Smash Bros, for $360.

But that sounds like a much better deal.
GTBullitt68
AG
Yeah I saw that deal too. I figured I could build my own bundle cheaper once the black friday deals hit on the games. There were only 2 skylander bundles in the whole metroplex when I searched this morning. I think the offer is only valid until 8pm tonight for rewards members then it's open to everyone else.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
That's a damn good deal.

I'm seeing one at Best Buy with Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Tropical Country Tropical Freeze, and Super Smash Bros, for $360.

But that sounds like a much better deal.

I already picked up the best buy one, shipping next week I assume.

The skylanders one is the 8gb console but you can expand with an external hdd.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.