Sound Bar Reccomendation?

425 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Kampfers
jay040
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My parents have asked for a sound bar for Christmas. They are not high tech people, nor do they have or want a big entertainment system. They have somewhere between a 32 - 36in Samsung tv, and say that they have trouble hearing it - usually the backgroudn noise or soundtrack is too loud to hear the dialogue.

I was thinking 29in Vizio Sound Bar...

Trying to stay under $100, but if anything under that price is complete crap let me know. My parents aren't audiophiles or anything like that.

Thanks,
SpicewoodAg
AG
I bought my parents a Vizio soundbar last year. It greatly improves the sound of their Samsung plasma. The one I bought has a subwoofer.

The only issue to consider is the volume control. If the audio output of the TV is fixed (like my parents Samsung), then they will use the Vizio remote to change volume.
bam02
AG
I also have a vizio soundbar. I'm quite sure it was under $100. It doesn't have a sub. I kind of wish it did but I'm fine without it. Super quality sound is not a priority to me. I just wanted better sound than the tv speakers and it provides that very well. As Spicewood posted, they will have to use the supplied vizio remote to control the sound. I have to do this with my samsung tv. No biggie, but if other brand soundbars can be programmed to be controlled with universal remotes I would choose one of those. That will require some research on your part, though.
Dr. Venkman
AG
I bought a Vizio VSB200 refurbished several years ago for about $40. Very happy with it. Also bought a Polk PSW10 for $90 which adds volume. I'm sure you'll be able to find a soundbar/sub combo for under $100 over the next month with all the sales.
Kampfers
AG
I have the vizio soundbar with the wireless sub and 2 rear speakers. It was cheap, it's pretty awesome. Had great reviews on amazon and by other posters here.

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-S4251w-B4-Soundbar-Subwoofer-Satellite/dp/B00CDIK908/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1416587378&sr=1-1&keywords=vizio+soundbar+5.1
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.