Cellular carrier in BCS

1,226 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Stasco
GAP76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know, I know... This must have been discussed before. But I will soon upgrade to IPhone 6 plus and may switch carriers from Verizon. I am considering TMobile or Sprint. Do y'all have any recommendations and/or lessons learn learned. Should I switch or stick with Verizon. Thanks.
Punked Shank
AG
Have tmobile. Its solid and I love the text / talk over wifi feature which is exclusive as of now to tmo.

Hear shi# things about sprint constantly.

Verizon is the best...but not the cheapest. /getwhatyoupayfor....I guess. I like tmo.
jagouar1
AG
Don't bother with sprint... they are horrible. Had them before and they had horrible speeds even on their lte network.

I have tmobile now and its excellent with one negative. They do not have very good coverage outside most cities. It regularly drops down to 2g when traveling and the speeds on that network are pretty slow. They have promised to upgrade their entire footprint to lte by the end of 2015 but until it happens its only a promise. That said I also REALLY like how tmobie as a company operates. They are the only company who cares (a little) about their customers. No data overages, music streaming doesn't count against your data and they offer free international data and txt (as in really free and they don't make you buy some "international" plan like the other carriers).
FancyKetchup14
AG
I had sprint in BCS, it was abysmal. It's abysmal just about everywhere really. Stay with Verizon, going to them was the best decision I made in terms of cell plans.
Stasco
AG
Stay away from Sprint. Between the two, I would go with T-Mobile. If you decide you hate it, your phone should also work on Cricket, which uses AT&T service now, including the LTE. Obviously you'd have to deal with the contract, or however it is you plan to pay for the phone. I think with T-Mobile, they just put you on a monthly payment plan now, so if you cancel you should just have to pay off the remainder of the balance. Not exactly sure how that works now, though, so make sure you figure all that out before you make a move.
VanGogh@1
You should buy a verizon iPhone outright, it supports Tmobile and AT&T as well. That way if you don't like Tmobile you can switch to another carrier no problem.

Tmobile and AT&T iphones don't support Verizon.
m-walker
AG
AT&T service has to have been upgraded big time on campus. I left Houston at 9am with full battery, tailgated all day and game in Spence Park, then drove back to Houston. 1am I still had 40% on my iPhone 6!
GAP76
AG
Thanks All for the excellent answers. So for now, I will pass on sprint but I am still debating keeping Verizon versus switching to TMobile. In any event, a new IPhone 6plus is in my future. Thanks!
OkinTexas
I have Verizon now but have had all others, except for Sprint. Verizon is by far the best, but the most costly. TMibile had to be the worst I've ever had. Data was OK, but you could never make a call on their service without sounding like jabba the hut.
GAP76
AG
Will I key staY with Verizon but must get a less expensive plan
spieg12
AG
As others have said, stay away from sprint. I have a Verizon iPhone 5 and the service is excellent. Some of my friends also have an iPhone 5 on AT&T and the service is not as good. Just my 2 cents.
agfan2013
AG
quote:
As others have said, stay away from sprint. I have a Verizon iPhone 5 and the service is excellent. Some of my friends also have an iPhone 5 on AT&T and the service is not as good. Just my 2 cents.

Same experience here. I think Verizon excels in central Texas and is a better option if most of your time is spent in between the triangle of Houston, San antonio, and Dallas. Not saying only that area, but in that area my unscientific experience is that Verizon is your best bet. It may be the most expensive, but you do get what you pay for.
Stasco
AG
Agree with the poster above. I had Verizon for 4 years and had great experience in central Texas. The one area I had problems with was west Texas near Garner State Park. As far as I know, Verizon still doesn't even have phone service there, much less data service.

Ultimately I switched to Cricket because it's WAAAAAY cheaper and uses AT&T voice and data. I hated AT&T's customer service with a passion when I had them directly, but so far Cricket has been great.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.