Far Cry 4 - PS4

9,208 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by cr0wbar
millertyme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where's the cheapest place to get this game?
atmhockey
AG
Eff this snakes and Eagles.

thaed137
AG
Stupid Yaks, I really hate Yaks. Trying to kill a few for upgrading my packs.

1st attempt) After like 15 minutes of searching the area for them find them up in the mountain. I kill one nicely with bow and am pursuing the other before collecting the first one and then a tiger is like yay meal time! So I die and get no skins.

2nd attempt) Find them real quick this time, hit one and go for follow up only to have wolves all over me. I dispatch them in time for an enemy patrol to hear my gun shots and come attack me. Never found those yaks again.

3rd attempt) Yak ran and killed me.

4th attempt) No yaks anywhere near, even with injections can't find them anywhere close.

No further attempts were made.
nomad2007
AG
quote:
Eff this snakes and Eagles.

Everyone keeps talking about the snakes. I'm on the last campaign mission and still haven't encountered one. I'm wondering if my copy is bugged or something.
atmhockey
AG
The snakes are in random places. Usually near ?'s and radio towers. They startle me every time that I am playing without headphones. Their hiss and the wind noise are really similar. They are lime green in color.

The eagles are just annoying. You know they are coming because you either hear some soldiers or citizens say "eagle" or you can see their shadow.

As for handling ANY wild game, I leveled up right away and always carry the signature vector SMG with me. I think it is called the "shredder" - It dispatches all animals at close range rather easily.

Far Cry games give me gaming compulsive disorder! I hunt every loot chest and loot every dead body in the game.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
Far Cry games give me gaming compulsive disorder! I hunt every loot chest and loot every dead body in the game.
I'm the same way, and because of that the cash situation is a joke. After a few hours of play, money is never an issue. The game should be called "Far Cry 4: Wallet is Full".
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:

1st attempt) After like 15 minutes of searching the area for them find them up in the mountain. I kill one nicely with bow and am pursuing the other before collecting the first one and then a tiger is like yay meal time! So I die and get no skins.

2nd attempt) Find them real quick this time, hit one and go for follow up only to have wolves all over me. I dispatch them in time for an enemy patrol to hear my gun shots and come attack me. Never found those yaks again.

4th attempt) No yaks anywhere near, even with injections can't find them anywhere close.

There's always one random animal that gives people trouble. I typically upgrade everything early, and I did the same in FC4, with one exception. I can't find a honey badger to save my life. I killed one early on when climbing a tower, and I've been back to that area and the one marked on the map. Nothing. I thought I finally hit the jackpot when I had a mission to clear out a herd of honey badgers, but the skins were all toxic. I decided not to bother with it anymore, and I'm sure I'll randomly run up on one at some point.
atmhockey
AG
I only need the skins of snow leopards. I know they are in the snowy areas and some specific missions take you there, but I have only seen one.

All the leopards down in the low lands are clouded, not snow.

As for spending cash, I got my parents house back and upgraded that place. Getting the buzzer gyro-copter is the only way to travel. So easy to take towers with it. Just land on top and break the radio!
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I take the copter to a nearby location, but I still enjoy the climb.
atmhockey
AG
Been to Shangra-La yet? That is some freaky ****!
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Not yet. I haven't been able to play much. Just enough to hunt/upgrade and knock out about 75% of the southern region.
thaed137
AG
Is the southern region and the northern region both displayed at the beginning of the game and you just can't get to the north part till later, or does the the heavier clouds disappear and a bigger area for the north appear?
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Clouds disappear as you conquer outposts. You have access to everything, you just have to work your way up.
thaed137
AG
Nevermind, a new portion does open up outside of the see through clouds you start with like Far Cry 3 did.
nomad2007
AG
quote:
quote:

There's always one random animal that gives people trouble. I typically upgrade everything early, and I did the same in FC4, with one exception. I can't find a honey badger to save my life. I killed one early on when climbing a tower, and I've been back to that area and the one marked on the map. Nothing. I thought I finally hit the jackpot when I had a mission to clear out a herd of honey badgers, but the skins were all toxic. I decided not to bother with it anymore, and I'm sure I'll randomly run up on one at some point.

Gramercy, one thing I've found that works is going to an area where the predator is marked on the map and throwing bait. Typically the predator marked on the map will come.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
That's a good tip, actually. But I did that repeatedly with the honey badger and ended up just drawing out a lot of dogs. I'll find the last 3 that I need sooner or later.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I had to google how to turn off the radio (haven't tried it yet, but apparently it's up on the D-pad).

I was to the point of having the remote next to me so that, every time I entered a vehicle, I would hit MUTE because that f-ing DJ is the most annoying mf-er I've ever encountered in a video game. Seriously, shut the f*** up or I will hunt you down and murder you.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
he makes me laugh
millertyme
AG
Finally decided to pick this game up. Kmart had it for $45 and apparently I have a Kmart close enough to me. Add me if you want on PS4: tlhero50
cr0wbar
AG
Just finished Act 1 last night- and started doing some co-op with a buddy of mine. Fun times to be had
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.