Far Cry 4 - PS4

9,205 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by cr0wbar
millertyme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If anyone is picking this game for the PS4 and has one of these invites available:
quote:
PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 Far Cry 4 players with PlayStation Plus subscriptions will receive ten invitations they can send to friends who don't have a copy of the game. These gamers can then play a free trial version of Far Cry 4's co-op mode.

I would love to try it out. TIA
nomad2007
AG
I am still deciding on PC or PS4 (primarily because I want to hear how frame-rates compare between the two) but if I go ps4 I'll definitely shoot you an invite.
millertyme
AG
PSN: tlhero50

I assume that would help...
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Any updates on how folks like this game? I hadn't seen anything yet since the release, so either that means it's meh or its so good that people haven't had enough time to post about it
TexAgBolter
AG
If you liked Far Cry 3, you'll like 4. If you didn't like 3, you won't like 4.

I loved 3 so therefore I'm loving 4 so far. (Xbox One)
MSCAg
AG
Looks beautiful so far. Bolter is right, very similar to 3.
munch96
AG
The alternate ending is awesome
Say Chowdah
AG
Should have called it Far Cry 3.5. Same game as 3 different setting.

But, I like it!

P.S. Anyone catch the Bioshock reference?
nomad2007
AG
I ended up getting this on PC instead of PS4. Game has been fantastic. There were some concerns about framerate issues because of the problems that AC: Unity had, but I haven't had FPS drop below 45 for me on high graphics setting and I have a puny GTX 670.
millertyme
AG
Thanks to the Texagger who sent me an invite to check this game out. It will be put to good use.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
Should have called it Far Cry 3.5. Same game as 3 different setting.

But, I like it!

P.S. Anyone catch the Bioshock reference?
Blood Dragon was Far Cry 3.5
munch96
AG
Been playing the offline campaign tonight. I'm disappointed that there weren't any cool achievements for finishing the game in 15 minutes.. Otherwise its pretty cool so far
Seven Psycho Ags
This might be my favorite game of the season
SUPAGGIE
It's more fun than Destiny or replayling old halo games or the same COD with double jumping. That's for sure.
TexAgBolter
AG
I know it's the exact same mechanic as 3, but there is something immensely satisfying about taking down a compound using stealth. Especially if you get a couple takedown + knife throws in there.
Seven Psycho Ags
Sending dudes flying with my elephant's trunk while firing a shotgun is one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life. It's even better in co op when you're both riding elephants
SUPAGGIE
The freaking eagles in this game are crazy. I saw one swoop down, pick up a goat, and fly away with it. Also, I was about to grapple down a cliff, and an eagle swooped down out of nowhere to attack me which ended up causing me to fall off the cliff and die. Good times.
thaed137
AG
Redass2009 on xbone if any wants to coop.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Here's to killing 4 rhinos just to make a wallet.
thaed137
AG
What have you found to be the best way to kill them?
Sandman23
AG
Also looking for a trial run on PS4

PSN: LawSchoolSandman
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
What have you found to be the best way to kill them?

PKM. Fill up on ammo and you should have enough to take out at least four rhinos.
nomad2007
AG
quote:
The animals of Kyrat live in a worse world than the people.
Predmid
AG
That's two more rhinos than exist in the wild.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
quote:
The animals of Kyrat live in a worse world than the people.
Very true. I try not to mess with them after I've gone through the upgrade shopping list of hides.

The demon fish is annoying but easy enough, the rhino is dangerous but easy enough, and the rest are sort of insignificant.

Except for the eagles. **** them. I can't tell you how many times I've been attacked by an eagle. Whether it's a completely random attack while getting from Point A to Point B or even worse a bird sent by a Hunter during a mission, it's annoying.
Seven Psycho Ags
quote:

I am kinda disturbed by the slaughtering and portrayal of animals (like the rhino, one of my favorites) in this game but I get over it pretty quick. My brother and I were doing the "protect the civilians from honey badgers" mission and I was like "Well, this game certainly isn't gonna help the animal rights movement." Almost every wild animal is portrayed as a vicious, bloodthirsty monster hellbent on killing you. But then I realize it's just a game and games have been presenting usually harmless animals (spiders, snakes, etc) as bad guys for years so I don't let it bother me.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I think they should require fewer hides for upgrades, but the animals should be much harder to hunt. Maybe that would balance it out.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
quote:

I am kinda disturbed by the slaughtering and portrayal of animals (like the rhino, one of my favorites) in this game but I get over it pretty quick. My brother and I were doing the "protect the civilians from honey badgers" mission and I was like "Well, this game certainly isn't gonna help the animal rights movement." Almost every wild animal is portrayed as a vicious, bloodthirsty monster hellbent on killing you. But then I realize it's just a game and games have been presenting usually harmless animals (spiders, snakes, etc) as bad guys for years so I don't let it bother me.
This is the point of the Far Cry games. It's a FPS where you battle nature (e.g. animals & disease) just as much as the army of bad guys (in FC2 you have Ebola the entire game). However, if you're good you can use nature to your advantage.
Seven Psycho Ags
Yeah they've had the whole Heart of Darkness thing going on ever since the first. The sheer absurdity of it at this point is comical though
munch96
AG
Love baiting animals to attack the bad guys. There is something satisfying about watching the carnage from afar.
thaed137
AG
Yeah I don't play far cry because of realism or anything. Typically its a pretty fun story line with comical characters combined with open world playing and fun combat dynamics. I just love sitting up on a mountain looking down at an outpost and figuring out how I can kill them in the most fun way possible. Can't wait to try the co-op out. Should make for even more fun.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
Yeah they've had the whole Heart of Darkness thing going on ever since the first. The sheer absurdity of it at this point is comical though
Did you play Blood Dragon? They were making fun of their own absurdity
munch96
AG
quote:
Can't wait to try the co-op out. Should make for even more fun.

These guys look like they are having fun....strong language warning....

thaed137
AG
quote:
quote:
Can't wait to try the co-op out. Should make for even more fun.

These guys look like they are having fun....strong language warning....

HAHA thanks for that.
Seven Psycho Ags
quote:
Yeah I don't play far cry because of realism or anything. Typically its a pretty fun story line with comical characters combined with open world playing and fun combat dynamics. I just love sitting up on a mountain looking down at an outpost and figuring out how I can kill them in the most fun way possible. Can't wait to try the co-op out. Should make for even more fun.

For sure. My favorite strategy is shooting an elephant in the ass and letting him go nuts inside an outpost. And co op is awesome. It sucks the partner's progress doesn't save, though.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.