Blizzard's Overwatch Announcement

2,074 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Hagen95
TonsterPS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks pretty cool:

Solid potential, and if nothing else, that announcement trailer is pretty great.
Prime0882
AG
Looks great. Very awesome announcement trailer.
Hagen95
AG
Looks kinda cool. I signed up for the beta.
bbattbq01
AG
Looks interesting
benMath08
AG
I'm pretty excited. I've always enjoyed the Quake/UT/Team Fortress type of FPS over the CoD/Counterstrike/Battlefield subgenre.
bearamedic99
AG
BenMath, I never played any from the first list. What is the difference?
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Guess I'm one of the few who were underwhelmed. Was hoping that Blizz's next IP would be a adventure style fps rather than just a PvP arena style that seems very TF2-ish.

The trailer peaked my interest, but when they showed what the game was, it lost me.
benMath08
AG
quote:
BenMath, I never played any from the first list. What is the difference?
They aren't "realistic". The main fundamental differences are that movement as a skill is given a higher emphasis, there is a wider variety of types of weapons, and it takes longer to die (you have more health, effectively). Map design usually has more vertical elements, especially in quake, and there are things like teleporters and jump pads. They have an "arcade" feel as opposed to the realism in CoD/CS.

The Quake and UT (Unreal Tournament) series haven't been the dominant FPS in a decade, though. TF2 has a pretty decent following still, but nothing approaching the realistic shooters.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Looks like they tried to salvage something from the long-developed, but abandoned, Project Titan. Rumor has it this was going to be that MMO's pvp mode, or something similar to it.

I'd rather have seen a new IP with a storyline or plot to it. Though blizzard's ability to tell a story has been terrible in the recent Starcraft sequels.
chase128
AG
Looks fun!
rhutton125
AG
Played it at Blizzcon. Not much of a FPS guy but it was decently fun - I think there were about 11 or 12 characters to choose from that all had different guns and abilities.

I'm down if it's free to play. If its a full priced game, I may have to pass.
theterk
AG
is this an announcement for a Pixar movie?
bbattbq01
AG
Beta this weekend
Vade281
AG
I'm in!
Hagen95
AG
Yeah, Blizzard sent out the emails about the beta this weekend. I will probably try it out.
Prime0882
AG
I'm not in... what the heck Blizz? Just because I got early access to Diablo III, Heros, and Wrath of the Lich King means that we had a good relationship when it comes to betas. Let me into this one!
bbattbq01
AG
quote:
I'm not in... what the heck Blizz? Just because I got early access to Diablo III, Heros, and Wrath of the Lich King means that we had a good relationship when it comes to betas. Let me into this one!

Did you opt-in? I think it's supposed to be open to everyone who opted in.
Prime0882
AG
I did. Is it a closed or open beta? If it's open then ignore the above message. I haven't gotten an email if it's a closed beta invite.
Line Ate Member
AG
I wish they would put it on the consoles
Prime0882
AG
quote:
I wish they would put it on the consoles
The beta or the game itself? I know the game is being released on all next-gen consoles.
Line Ate Member
AG
I thought it was going to be a PC only release. Awesome!
Hagen95
AG
Reading their beta blog, it appears this is the first beta and is invite only. That sucks for JRC. I thought it was more of an open beta. Maybe you'll get an invite if it works out.

quote:
Beta Test Weekend strike team: prepare to attack!

From Friday, November 20 through Monday, November 23, we'll be conducting our first invitation-only Beta Test Weekend. During this three-day event, we'll be opening up Overwatch beta (for a limited time) to a lot more players from our Americas and Europe gameplay regions.
Prime0882
AG
Oh well. Have enough going on that I probably wouldn't have had a ton of time with it. Looking forward to y'alls first impressions!
Madmarttigan
AG
Anyone have a code ... pretty sure I signed up a while ago.
bbattbq01
AG
No codes. You have to opt in on your battle.net account.

Pretty fun game.
Hagen95
AG
It is pretty fun. If you like TF2, you will like this game.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.