***** Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Official Thread *****

23,333 Views | 381 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ewok It Out08
k20dub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/12-15-14-halo-the-master-chief-collection-content-update-notes
19 inch cobra
It continues to improve, but they really REALLY need to address the hit detection in Halo 2 and 3, the maps failing to load in H3 matchmaking, and not being able keep your party together if you back out of matchmaking.

Other than that, if they'd add rankings so people actually play opponents of similar skill, and fix matchmaking to where you don't get stuck at "joining session" sometimes, I would be very, very satisfied with this game.
Krys
AG
I was in a party of 4 all night and everything went pretty well except we got split up in a 3v3 somehow in a h2c game. I was hoping that they had resolved those issues but apparently not.

Also, one of our friends is often unable to chat in xbox live party chat. This is probably unrelated to Halo but does anyone else have this issue? We ended up just using the in-game chat which works pretty well with the exception of when our party gets split up...
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I was in a party of 4 all night and everything went pretty well except we got split up in a 3v3 somehow in a h2c game. I was hoping that they had resolved those issues but apparently not.

Add: The Aggie

if you need more people to play with. Pretty much all my main TxAgs buds have abandoned this game (or at least I never see them playing). I love Halo, but man it sucks balls playing solo. I'm typically a really good player when I'm with a team and can coordinate... but man, I sometimes get absolutely destroyed playing with randoms. And I swear it never ever ever fails that I'm put on the team with 1-2 guys that simply put their controller down. 3 plots on Lockdown last night and it was 1 vs. 4. Couldn't figure out why I was constantly fighting their entire team by myself... and then I realized, oh, I am fighting their entire team by myself.

But it does work out sometimes... there was that one game of SWAT where my entire team quit so I ended up going 42-19 all by myself!
Krys
AG
Yeah playing alone isn't the best... Hopefully they will fix it soon and have ranked up and running before everyone gets too fed up with a broken game.

Gamertag: Krys G
Texags is garbage
I'll be back once it's fixed to my level of satisfaction which isn't too much, IMO.
Ewok It Out08
AG
If you are one of the people who bought the game to primarily play Halo CE, you will be stoked about the patch from Monday as well as the server side update yesterday. Specifically, on Monday they released a patch to improve Halo CE hit registration, and on Wednesday, they released a dedicated Halo CE playlist.

First off, the biggest complaint I have had since the release of Halo MCC was the terrible hit registration. Last night however, I felt that whatever they did, it may have actually worked. Nearly every multi-player game, I was off host. Yet, I was hitting people cross map with my pistol and getting three shot kills at range. While I only played 10 games or so, it is a really good sign for Halo CE.

As I also mentioned, a dedicated 2 v 2 playlist was released for Halo CE. This is currently running with a max game size of 3 v 3 as they work through game efficiency (although they mentioned it would be a strict 2 v 2 eventually). So far, while I would prefer a dedicated 4 v 4 play list as well, the maps and game type suit the 2v2 and 3v3 game play in Halo CE. The games were smooth with only occasional lag. Additionally, we were finding games in 20-30 seconds very consistently which is a huge improvement over release day.

If you only bought Halo MCC for Halo CE like I did, this would be a great time to give the game a chance again. There are still issues in the game, but the game play is now as close as its been to Halo CE on xbox since release.
jr15aggie
AG
Apology Bonuses (All free for anybody who logged into online MP between launch and Dec. 19):
  • Halo ODST single player campaign will be added to the collection
  • New Halo 2 map (Relic) updated Anniversary Style\
  • 1 Month Free of Live

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-the-master-chief-collection-thank-you-faq

Also, I hear Halo 4 Spartan Ops was added to the collection on Monday and is working very well. Pumped for this!
jeffk
AG
That's awesome!

I actually really liked the campaign on ODST.
k20dub
AG
Christmas Day bump. Who else got this for Christmas?

I did.

Kbridge20 on Xbox One.
PatAg
AG
Good luck playing it.
jr15aggie
AG
The game plays fine now. Some minor improvements can still be made, but on the whole it's fine now.
jr15aggie
AG
The game plays fine now. Some minor improvements can still be made, but on the whole it's fine now.
jr15aggie
AG
jr15aggie
AG
Unlike Texags mobile... Triple post.
jeffdjohnson
Shocker, the multiplayer beta doesn't work for me. It just flashes and never connects to a game. According to this link I should just try to reinstall it. Great advice. How long will it take 343 Industries to get Halo 5 to actually work once it is released?

http://venturebeat.com/2014/12/29/halo-5-beta-wont-work-for-you-you-may-need-to-reinstall-the-game/
jr15aggie
AG
I downloaded last night but didn't play. Must be a BIG install cause it took a while. I will not be happy having to re-install.

Still a great game and I hope the beta is awesome... but 343 has really given this franchise a black eye the past 2 months. I appreciate them being honest and giving their best effort to make it right, but the perception can't be changed.
k20dub
AG
I downloaded last night and played a couple of games no problem. Still the feel of halo but everything feel refined and sharper if that makes sense.
boogieman
AG
The higher frame rate and faster speed took some getting used to. Still, the beta was fun. Hope to get a few more games in.
Aggietaco
AG
How long is the beta up?
bigbass1170
AG
I'm pretty sure it's till the 18th.
Madmarttigan
AG
I always tell myself this and I always end up buying it anyways.... will not buy another Halo game......
jr15aggie
AG
Played maybe 4 or 5 games yesterday. First impression is the game looks incredible and it is indeed a new breed of Halo. I didn't like it right away, but that was because I didn't know how to play. It's old school Halo at it's roots (power weapons and no customizable loadouts), but the gameplay is very fast paced which and nothing like Halo of old. Running, boosting, and climbing up ledges are as crucial to gameplay as power weapons. The best change IMO is it feels like standard weapons kill slightly faster than before.

So first impression is that they have done it right. Went away from Reach and 4's attempt to integrate COD with Halo. Instead they made a Halo MP game and brought in a couple new features to spice it up.
jeffk
AG
Sounds fun. I'm probably going to give it a try tonight.

Did you have to reinstall?
AggieJ29
AG
I've been playing a ton of big team battle. They have finally got everything working pretty well.
RedbeardAG
AG
Tried again this weekend on my friends xbox. We tried for over an hour and couldn't get into a single game. This is literally the biggest joke of a game release of all time.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Tried again this weekend on my friends xbox. We tried for over an hour and couldn't get into a single game. This is literally the biggest joke of a game release of all time.
I don't know, Myth II (made by Bungie for Mac in 1998) would wipe your entire hard drive. That's pretty bad. luckily hard drives were small, and so was the Mac userbase.
tamusc
AG
The new SimCity release was pretty terrible.
Punked Shank
AG
So I picked this up on Amazon prime for 33 Bucks.

It seems to be working fine with MP matchmaking, granted there wer. 5+ months of updates To install. is anyone from this board still playing or given it another shot?
Ewok It Out08
AG
I am on about every other day playing Halo CE. While I ca t speak for the other games in the series, the improvements to CE have greatly improved the playability of the game from release. There are still issues, mainly with overcoming some inconsistencies in registration and leading due to playing online vs LAN, but the game is pretty enjoyable.
Pman17
AG
I hear they finally added more ranked playlists after months and months of Halo 2 Anniversary as the only ranked playlist.
Razzrax
AG
Decided to finally shell out the cash for an Xbox One w/ the 360 trade in and the price reduction.

I'm re-playing through CE right now and loving it. Gamertag: Razzrax
Ewok It Out08
AG
Pman, yes, they have 3 ranked playlists now and have announced that more will be added in the near future. The current ranked play lists are Slayer, Halo Championship Series, and Halo 2 Anniversary.

I am hoping that they work out any ranked bugs fairly quickly and then implement the other queues within the next week or two.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.