***** Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Official Thread *****

23,328 Views | 381 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ewok It Out08
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Texags ----- XBL Gamertage
jr15aggie ---- The Aggie
jeffk ---- Keester11
OldArmy07 ---- ScottAPerk
weeag ---- deathmullet76
Aggietaco - - - - AguasAg
jr281 ---- Vade281
Ewok It Out08 ---- I TheRufio I (I = Capital i)
wangus12 ---- LuckyArsenalAg
Tb30 ---- Texas15Aggie
n/a ---- Manbearpig 302
bigbass1170 ---- b1gbass1170
tv1113 ---- Madmarttigan
LarryTate ---- JattAg
slickag2007 ---- Slickg2007
Jef***gie2012 ---- JeffersonWalker
BlackGold ---- Big Wilby Style
Average Joe ---- AverageJoeAg
Kampfers ---- Kampfers
Skitch05 ---- Skitch14
Thunder18 ---- Drfishfingers18
another angry ag ---- jmacstros90
wreckt01 ---- Wreckt01
Xiuh ---- Xiuhcoatyl

Texags ---- PSN Profile
LOL ---- No!!!

Launch Trailer

Halo 2 Anniversary Cinematic Launch Trailer

Also included:

Halo 5: Guardians - Multiplayer Beta (December 2014)

Halo: Nightfall

Also coming November 11, 2014 - Halo Channel

Halo Channel Trailer
Vade281
AG
I will have it day one.

Vade281
Ewok It Out08
AG
I TheRufio I (I = Capital i)

Mainly will be playing Halo CE but will probably jump around depending who is on. More of a fan of 2 v 2 and 4 v 4 with MLG game settings.
19 inch cobra
I'm going to play the **** out of this game.
wangus12
AG
I'll be picking it up.

LuckyArsenalAg
hot dog
AG
OldArmy07
AG
ScottAPerk

add "Manbearpig 302" as well.
bigbass1170
AG
b1gbass1170

Can't wait for this
Madmarttigan
AG
Despite being halod out a bit I can't not buy this
Madmarttigan
Krussian09
AG
JattAg

Can't come soon enough.
slickag2007
AG
Slickg2007

Though it'll probably sit on my shelf until I've beaten Assassins Creed Unity.
rangerdanger
AG
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/halo-the-master-chief-collection

Reviews are filtering in guys. Looks like high marks across the board thus far.
JeffAggie2012
AG
Mark me down for day one as well.

GT: JeffersonWalker
BlackGold
AG
Big Wilby Style

Can't wait for the return of the BXR
Madmarttigan
AG
I suppose the question of the day is what will everyone be playing most 1,2,or 3? I will probably stick with 2 and 3 I figure.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I suppose the question of the day is what will everyone be playing most 1,2,or 3? I will probably stick with 2 and 3 I figure.

I'm playing all the campaigns, start to finish.

If you are talking MP, I see myself going for the Anniversary maps right away... they look incredible and have Halo 2 gameplay... sold!!! But yeah, I agree with you, Halo 2 and Halo 3 MP is the Gold standard and where most of my time will probably be spent. Halo 4 MP wasn't horrible, but I didn't play it much then so I can't see myself liking it any more now. I'm thinking the Halo: CE stuff will be more fun in a custom game (4v4 All Aggies) than in matchmaking.

So, yeah, if there are a group of us partied up and ready to go, I'm pretty sure anything in the Halo 2 or Halo 3 playlist will be acceptable.
19 inch cobra
I will be playing all of the campaigns, and then a mix of mostly 1 and 2 for multiplayer. Occasionally I'll play 3.

4 sucks.
datrixstunna
AG
quote:
Yup. 2 and 3 MP. Cant go wrong.
Ewok It Out08
AG
Halo CE MP for me. I convinced two of my buddies to buy an xbox one just so we could play Halo CE mutliplayer on Live for the first time. Would probably jump into Halo 2 and Halo 3 as well if we had a group of 4 rolling, but I agree, any customs we can get with 8 Ags would be solid.
HossAg
AG
Can't believe they are starting off only having ranked playlists in H2A. Everyone wants it for class halo 2 and 3.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Can't believe they are starting off only having ranked playlists in H2A. Everyone wants it for class halo 2 and 3.

I hadn't heard that.... thought they were rolling out the H2 ranking system for all the games? But even so... I've been playing Halo 3 lately to get some of my basic skills back. When I looked at my old services record I noticed 2 things... I played a LOT of Halo 3 back in the day and I played more Social matches than Ranked matches.

But Halo definitely needs a ranking system more than modern games. In COD you will get kills even if you suck... in Battlefield there is so much more to do than kill it doesn't matter... ranking doesn't really matter in those games. But Halo is a different beast... in Halo you can literally go 0-15 if you are playing an organized group of really good players. It can be miserable for noobs.
HossAg
AG
They'll be bringing the ranks later for the other games, but the reason they are doing this is to solidify H2A as the competitive game for all tournaments, which is something the pros didn't want. I don't know why they are so set on having the anniversary edition be the main game when halo 2 classic is better in everyone's opinion. They shouldn't have even made 2 separate versions of the game. Just make a classic remake of every game and everyone is happy.
jr15aggie
AG
The anniversary maps do look incredible and I'm excited to play them.

But from what I hear playing Halo MP in 60fps is incredible and accurate... especially important since the headshot is the most important part of Halo MP. It will really give these older games new life.... would have been fine if we just got all the old stuff with rankings and 1080p/60.

But we are nitpicking now... I'm still blown away they are giving us everything, even the PC stuff most of us never played. Pretty incredible!
19 inch cobra
I cared about my Halo 2 ranking when I was 16 years. Now? Who gives a ****. I just want to play the game and pwn noobs.
wangus12
AG
I just can't wait to get back to being owned by 15 year olds and then they'll insult my mother. I can't remember how bad I was at Halo MP
HossAg
AG
quote:
I cared about my Halo 2 ranking when I was 16 years. Now? Who gives a ****. I just want to play the game and pwn noobs.

Its not so much that as just getting matched up with players that will give you a fun competitive 4v4 experience. I like big team battle for non ranked, but I'd like to be able to have a league play type of system for each game so that I can enjoy some good ol competitive 4v4 with players of similar skill level.
19 inch cobra
I used to play Halo 1 and 2 competitively, as did two of the three other guys I play with, so I don't really care about who we're matched up with. I don't see anyone being much better than we are. Although I guess it will be unfortunate for any inexperienced players that get matched up against us.
Ewok It Out08
AG
Cobra, whats your Live name? I used to play Halo 1 competitively and played against the pros in Halo 2 in matchmaking (Stk guys, Killer N, Ogres). Looking for some guys who would be down trying to be one of the top ranked groups in H1
19 inch cobra
I don't know any of them personally, but I played the StK guys a couple of times in Halo 2 also. I still think they're the best out there. I played a few times with and against Karma, Fonzie, and a few others too (I never traveled to any of the national tournaments though).

My gamertag is Paragon i.

I'm not sure I will be able to dedicate enough time to achieve one of the highest ranked clans/squads, but we will certainly win a lot of games when we play.

Edit: didn't see you said H1. I will definitely be playing H1 more than H3, but I think H2 will be my primary focus. I don't know though. It depends on how the games feel and which one I like best.
jr15aggie
AG
I remember seeing some sick videos of the Ogre guys... I actually played against a couple of them once in Halo 2 and did pretty well. I lost of course, but I held my own and wasn't going to be in their highlight real of domination.

I am (at least I was back then) an above average player for sure... probably top 15% or so based on rank. Will be interesting to see how good I am now that I've played more COD, BF, Titanfall, etc. in the years since Halo 3.
19 inch cobra
All I've played is COD since Halo 3. I guess it's possible I could just suck at Halo now. It's going to be weird getting used to the controls again. I just prefer the slower-paced strategic gameplay and the focus on map control in Halo over the COD cluster ****.
Madmarttigan
AG
I think the lack of a ranked play list in reach and halo 4 is what killed it for me. You replay bf4 and COD for levels, but Halos replay value was always about increasing my ranking and the most recent games have given me no drive to play for more than a week for nostalgia.
BlackGold
AG
quote:
All I've played is COD since Halo 3. I guess it's possible I could just suck at Halo now. It's going to be weird getting used to the controls again. I just prefer the slower-paced strategic gameplay and the focus on map control in Halo over the COD cluster ****.

If you've been playing cod a lot your halo skills will have diminished. It happened to me.
HossAg
AG
quote:
quote:

If you've been playing cod a lot your halo skills will have diminished. It happened to me.

Really? I got better at halo after cod.
Ewok It Out08
AG
Yeah it could go either way. Playing other FPS games can help with map awareness and some situational plays. I know I am not even close to as good as I used to be and have forgotten a number of the old tricks. Should be fun getting back into it though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.