Assassin's Creed - Unity

9,003 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by slickag2007
CRM1712
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is no one excited about this game?

I'll be ready to pick up my copy. I've always wanted co-op, and think that can really give this game more staying power than previous AC games.

Add me if you are on XBONE, same username as here.
Wildmen03
AG
quote:
Is no one excited about this game?

http://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2547930/replies

http://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2542482/replies

http://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2506961/replies

http://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2460656/replies
Aggietaco
AG
Still haven't decided if I'm going to pick up this or Halo. Or just keep plugging away at BF4 occasionally.
19 inch cobra
I bought the Unity bundle, so yes, I will be getting it.

But I'm concerned because I've read some previews saying that the single player is built for than one person and is not as much fun with only one. Most of my friends only play shooters, so I won't really have anyone to play this with. I'm hoping that's not really the case, and that it will be fine if I want to play it by myself.
redbaron788
AG
I enjoyed the last AC, but that was only because I bought it for $30.

I've soured a bit on the franchise so hopefully I can find that deal before Christmas again, otherwise I won't be playing this for a while

edit: I must say that the WW2 time jump anomaly thing has me more interested than normal, so my price point could change depending on how that plays out
Mr.KyleReed
AG
WILL BUY
powerbelly
AG
quote:
But I'm concerned because I've read some previews saying that the single player is built for than one person and is not as much fun with only one.
This really concerns me.

If this is really the case, this might be my last assassins creed game.
rangerdanger
AG
Waiting on the reviews, but I'm planning on getting it during the buy 2 get 1 free thing at Target that week along with Halo MCC and Bayonetta 2.
Seven Psycho Ags
Wait, there's co op in the story mode?! I thought there were just a dozen co op side missions. I'm a lot more excited now
iceman08
AG
I'm gunna buy it, probably rogue too - I'm down for some co-op if anyone is PS4

PSN- icemanwjc

Side note- probably won't be able to get it until Black Friday. ..
CrottyKid
AG
quote:
Waiting on the reviews, but I'm planning on getting it during the buy 2 get 1 free thing at Target that week along with Halo MCC and Bayonetta 2.

When does this happen at Target?
wangus12
AG
quote:
I thought there were just a dozen co op side missions.

I'm still pretty sure this is the case. I've read nothing that states otherwise and its the same with watching gameplay footage. The game still appears to be very much a solo adventure, however you now have the option to complete some assassinations as a team.
jr15aggie
AG
IGN is doing a live stream tomorrow:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/05/join-us-for-igns-assassins-creed-unity-live-stream
Phat32
AG
This came with my bundle - have never played an AC game, but excited to try it.
19 inch cobra
quote:
This came with my bundle - have never played an AC game, but excited to try it.

Assassin's Creed 2 is one of the best games I have ever played. Black Flag was also very good. You've been missing out.

You'll get Black Flag in the bundle, which you should definitely play. But if you ever have a chance to grab AC2 on Xbox One or if you have a 360, I highly recommend it.
iceman08
AG
AC2.... the music, story, everything- hooked me on the series
slickag2007
AG
Anyone ever returned an unused game to gamestop? Or canceled a preorder? I'm trying to figure out how to take advantage of Target's "Buy 2, Get 1 free" video game promotion. I have ACU and MCC preordered at gamestop, and wanna get them at target instead in order to get a free game.
19 inch cobra
Just go there, cancel it, and they'll put the amount back on your credit card.
srob2004
AG
played about 30 minutes early this morning after download to my PS4. Wonderful graphics and getting right into the story. I'm a huge fan of the AC series so I'll probably like it. Black Flag as really great imo, and AC3 was not.
IJones23
So far it's pretty good!
MattTheBrave
AG
How did you guys install it so fast???
jr15aggie
AG
Lots of complaints about bad framerate and tons of pop in. Interested to hear y'alls opinions after you get more time with it. I really hope it's being exaggerated and/or they patch it.
slickag2007
AG
I'm enjoying it so far! The new controls took me a little bit to get used to. Also, add me if you are playing on XBone. Slickg2007
Fenrir
quote:
Lots of complaints about bad framerate and tons of pop in. Interested to hear y'alls opinions after you get more time with it. I really hope it's being exaggerated and/or they patch it.
It's ubisoft so it's probably accurate. I'm sure it will be improved but you know it was rushed a bit.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
The fact that the review embargo ends 12 hours into the day it's released is pretty troubling, imo. I'm seeing reports about the serious performance problems across all platforms too, including PCs with high end graphics cards. Also seeing that there is a pretty big day one patch too. Like jr15 said, those who got the game keep us updated how it is post patch and how the game is overall. Really disappointing to see honestly. I hope this isn't a precedent to how Far Cry 4 releases. It's nuts that 2 of the biggest AAA titles this year coming from the same developer are released just a week apart from each other.
rangerdanger
AG
I picked up my copy. Leaving it wrapped though until I find out if its worth opening.
slickag2007
AG
I did see some random pedestrians fall through the street, but other than that I haven't seen any issues.
jr15aggie
AG
I've skimmed through a few reviews and none of them mention glaring technical issues. They all have XB1 copies (PC & PS4 review copies weren't sent) so that's interesting. We saw this with Shadow of Mordor (only PS4 copies were sent with that one). XB1 was the lead platform for this game so some of these issues might be limited to PC & PS4. Looks like Devs are still learning... hopefully not to far off from games running smoothly across all platforms.

No doubt patches will be released... look forward to playing this down the road.
IJones23
I downloaded it this morning and it was done in about 30 minutes. The only problem I've had is pedestrians falling through the street. I also can't use any of my helix credits I've earned.
htownag08
AG
Was downloading when I left this morning - will play it some tonight and report in!

XB1: TNilli
benMath08
AG
Played the "intro" sequence of missions. Framerate was ok for the most part but it did drop a bit every now and then. I didn't run into any technical glitches, at least nothing I noticed.

The game is really fun. Combat, stealth, and running/climbing are all pretty intuitive. Combat and stealth in particular are difficult enough to make it feel rewarding when you succeed. I'm looking forward to trying some coop mission if anyone is interested.

PS4: trainRiderJ
hph6203
AG
This game actually starts with a mission select rather than story introduction? Or did I somehow select some side DLC?
benMath08
AG
quote:
This game actually starts with a mission select rather than story introduction? Or did I somehow select some side DLC?
Keep playing. I think that was just to immerse you into their "universe" with the machine that lets you relive your ancestors' memories. You'll notice only one mission was unlocked.
srob2004
AG
Did not see anything funky this morning but will look as I play more. I pre-ordered on Playstation store so it was already downloaded and installed over 12+ hours before official release. It just was not "playable" until midnight PST (which is 2am for me, so I was fast asleep).

Since I put an after market hybrid drive in the PS4 (2TB) I do not think I'll be buying disks again. It's too easy to buy from PS store and just have it downloaded and ready to go from minute 1. I think this game was about 40-45GBs.
gumby579
AG
So when I leave class should I go pick this up or Halo? I've never been big into AC games but my only experience was with 3. The story line was ehhh but I really want to like AC games because they seem to be well received
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.