Droid - LG G3

620 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by hurricanejake02
grizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have been an iPhone guy, and about two months ago I got a Droid after my 4 went kaput. I got the LG G3. After these two terribly long months, I despise my phone and am having severe buyers remorse.

Where might I sell this phone for pretty good scratch in order to cover my losses and move on from droid and get back to my iPhone life?

TIA
John Beckwith
AG
http://swappa.com/
PLUM LOCO
AG
What service is the phone tied to? I may be interested in a trade.
grizzo
AG
At&t
PLUM LOCO
AG
Long shot, I am on T-Mobile.
BrazosDog02
AG
As someone wanting to go from iPhone 5 to a note 4, this does not bode well for me.

What do you not like?
reb,
AG
i have it too. i've unlocked it and everything but i hate it because its not a nexus. i hate myself for losing my N5.
AggieFrog
AG
Only thing I don't like about it is battery life (but still better than my old N5 and at least I can carry a spare).
reb,
AG
the battery life is worse than my N5. I'm carrying around a big ol external battery with my everywhere now, my N5 was a champ. There's a debloated ROM on XDA that will probably help me out but ever since I've activated 2-step authentication on a zillion services, I've been far less keen on rebuilding everything, even with LastPass autofilling. Just a pain.
tfunk02
AG
I'm on the G3 too. It's not horrible, but I do miss my N5 too. If the N6 is good, I'll switch.

I like the button on the back, the tap to wake, and I LOVE the SD card and IR blaster. The lack of ROMs is killing me. The phone lasts a long time if you don't use it, but sucks the power when the screen is on.

OP, what do you hate?
grizzo
AG
I live on my phone for work, so battery is one of the main issues. I also feel like there are some functionality issues with the keyboard occasionally. That is pretty bothersome.

However, ultimately, this is my first venture away from iPhone, so there is simply a tremendous amount of frustration in learning something new when I really don't want to spend time doing so.
tfunk02
AG
For battery life, you should have gone with a Note 4 or even a Nexus 6. They both last longer than the iPhone 6+.
VanGogh@1
Grizzo,

The issues you experienced with Android are commonplace. I have been disappointed with my Android purchases as well and will be going back to the iPhone soon. It's good to try stuff out every now and again though.
hurricanejake02
AG
grizz - I'm loving my LG G2, but I've never been a fan of iOS. Honestly, the only regret I've got about the G2 is that it's actually a little larger than I'd like it to be.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.