Amazon Fire TV Stick

1,872 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by MaroonOut09
MaroonOut09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone going to pick one of these up?

I've been pretty happy with my Chromecast so far, but for the next two days, Prime members can pick up the new Fire TV Stick for only $19. I figured at that price it was worth checking out.

Edit:

Link: Amazon Fire TV Stick
Jasomania
AG
I'm probably going to pick one up, I wanted to get a chromecast for one of my tvs and at 20 dollars it's worth trying this out instead. I also really like the idea of being able to use it in hotel rooms (I travel a lot) where you can't with the chromecast

"Coming soon - take Fire TV Stick with you to use with HDTVs in hotels, college dorms, airports, or anywhere with captive portal Internet access that requires entering a password or a log-in."
QBCade
AG
Just wish they would get HBOGO on it. My only issue with buying one as I watch HBOGO a lot.
Post removed:
by user
biobioprof
at that price I'm wondering if I should get it just for Amazon video, which isn't on my Apple TV.
MaroonOut09
AG
quote:
Amazon also confirmed that they are on track to have support for HBO Go on the Fire TV before the end of December, with the Fire TV Stick getting HBO GO in the new year.
Link
jja79
AG
I take my chromecast with me when traveling with no problem.
QBCade
AG
quote:
how would i get this to go through my surround sound though? if i hooked it directly to my receiver i dont think the picture would show up on my tv.

currently i use my smart tv to watch netflix and amazon prime, but that uses just the TV sound and i would really like it to go through my surround sound. any input or advice?
Just plug it directly into your receiver. It will work no problem.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
BEaggie08
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
how would i get this to go through my surround sound though? if i hooked it directly to my receiver i dont think the picture would show up on my tv.

currently i use my smart tv to watch netflix and amazon prime, but that uses just the TV sound and i would really like it to go through my surround sound. any input or advice?
Just plug it directly into your receiver. It will work no problem.
its really that easy? i used to be so good at audio stuff.

Is your receiver connected to your TV via HDMI?
91AggieLawyer
AG
I bought one. Spent more than 20 on a bad dinner the other night, so this is nothing.

The only thing I'd worry about with travel is forgetting its in there. No huge deal, but still. I will probably get one to leave at my parent's house.
cecil77
AG
quote:
ordered. its $19 so who cares

Same. This is close to "free" in context...
Post removed:
by user
bigtruckguy3500
Went ahead and got one for my folks. Thought about getting one for myself, but I don't see myself having a need for it anytime soon.
biobioprof
got distracted and missed the 2 days. Oh well.
Diggity
AG
I tried to order a second one as a gift and they had changed the limit to one.

damn you amazon!
khaos288
AG
missed the 19$ deadline
Thomas Ford 91
AG
Checked my order today to see when the $19 fire stick will show...January 9 estimated shipping date! Must have been a big seller.
cecil77
AG
Thursday December 4 for me - just happens to be my birthday!
Post removed:
by user
Diggity
AG
Nov 26th
Post removed:
by user
09AggieJC
AG
December 4 for me....got 2
BEaggie08
AG
December 11
Dr. Venkman
AG
2 @ Nov. 19.
fta09
AG
December 2nd here. Didn't know about this until I saw it posted here. My wife uses the **** out of our Chromecast so I figure I may as well get this. If anything, it will let her use the Fire Stick and I can use the Chromecast in my office.
helgs
AG
I ordered 2:

Delivery estimate: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 by 8pm

Looks like I have something to play with after my family all passes out from too much turkey and/or whiskey.
MaroonOut09
AG
Glad I ordered my two when I did.

Delivery estimate: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 by 8pm
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.