Google Chrome Issue

503 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Stasco
Jeff99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm seeing multiple processes in my Task Manager entitled "Cplqgch.exe." The description of these processes is "Google Chrome." Unfortunately, these processes continue to run even after Google Chrome is shut down. When I end one of the processes, another begins immediately.

I rebooted into a Diagnostic mode and the processes weren't there. I found the file path for the .exe file and deleted it, but it returned the next time I rebooted.

Other than using a lot of my CPU, I'm not seeing any other symptoms. I've run Malwarebytes and it doesn't see an issue.

Any ideas what this is and how to get rid of it?

Pro Sandy
AG
Do you let chrome run in the background? On windows, check the icons in the bottom right. If you see a chrome one, right click and deselect let chrome run in the background.
kb2001
AG
In Chrome, Menu->Settings->Advanced->System, and uncheck the box "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed"
Jeff99
Turns out it was Malware. The concerning thing is that Hitman and Malwarebytes both missed it.
reb,
AG
How'd you find it? A different program?
Stasco
AG
quote:
Turns out it was Malware. The concerning thing is that Hitman and Malwarebytes both missed it.

I'm very interested in how you tracked this down.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.