HLSR Information Services Committee

986 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Dr. Horrible
flyingaggie12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do you guys/gals know anyone in the committee. I would like to volunteer with them and was seeing if there were any openings.
Dr. Horrible
Know people on it, but good luck getting on. Why not do something else?
flyingaggie12
AG
I feel like that's where I would fit the best given my experience.
Dr. Horrible
Just my $.02, but I thought the same thing at first, but even knowing people on the committee, I didn't get on. I joined a different committee and love it. I was even asked later if I wanted on IS and said no. Here was my logic, I work with computers every day. I want to go out to HLSR to volunteer and have fun, so it is more relaxing when I go out there and do something that I don't get a chance to do on a daily basis. The whole thought process of, "ok, I get to take a vacation day from my job, to go work for free, doing almost the same thing I would do at my job" just started seeming irrational the more I thought about it.
flyingaggie12
AG
That makes sense. I completely understand and I'm looking for a similar experience. Just out of curiosity what committee did you join?
Dr. Horrible
I'm on the Transportation Cook Team. Took my love for tailgating and transferred that skill over to feeding 150 of the hardest working folks on the rodeo grounds each day. Much more fulfilling to me as a volunteer opportunity than running around fixing computers.

That said, my friends on the IS committee love what they do over there, so definitely not knocking on that committee, but I don't think any of them currently work with computers, even though they had the background for it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.