iPhone -> Samsung Device - Shared calendars

923 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by BrazosDog02
BrazosDog02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With iPhone, I had the ability to set up a shared calendar with my wife. We both had iphones so we could add events to a 'shared' calendar and we would both see those events. Is there a way to do this with android? If so...how?
chipotle
google calendar
BrazosDog02
AG
OK....so will that require that both of us have a gmail account or can I just do with mine?
aTm2004
AG
You can do it with just yours, but she may be able to see your email. If she has a Gmail account, then you can create a new calendar and you will need to give her account privileges. You can then set the email accounts up in the email apps each phone comes with and just have the calendar selected so the calendar updates. I turned all other calendars of in my wife's phone so it defaults to the shared and it's worked well for us.
diehard03
Are both of you on Android? I would figure you'd want each gmail accounts anyway.

Or is the question syncing iphone with an Android device?
BrazosDog02
AG
She has a gmail account but its not used for anything. Is it possible to just set it up so all of her stuff is in her gmail calendar and all of my stuff is in my gmail calendar, but both calendars show up on both phones without ever updating or download any email?
aTm2004
AG
It's possible, but then you have 2 calendars to deal with rather than 1.
BrazosDog02
AG
I dont care how many there are, as long as they are all collated onto the native android calendar app. I use my phone as the 'concentration' point for all my events....work, home, wife, etc...all of that ends up on my phone so I can schedule stuff accordingly.

quote:
Or is the question syncing iphone with an Android device?

Im not sure yet. We MIGHT be both android...or android/iphone....or even iphone/iphone. I just know that we have a calendar now that has stuff that impacts both of us....its on icloud, and when she adds something to it, it pops up in my iphone native calendar app. I just want to make sure im not going to lose some functionality if I go Android.
aTm2004
AG
The way I explained will allow it. I set it up for my dad and step mom. He has an android phone and iPad, she has a BB and Kindle Fire. All synced to 1 calendar.
BrazosDog02
AG
Cool.
BrazosDog02
AG
As far as I can see, even if I want to share my calendar with her, she will HAVE to have a Google account.
aTm2004
AG
Yes.
BrazosDog02
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.