need sound bar recommendation

1,292 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Bryan98
LGAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The jbl we've been using foot years has been adequate but it's always been hard to understand conversions. The wireless sun started popping so it's time to finally replace.

Must haves:

Clear audio. I'm tied of having to crank it up to understand the convos.
No power save function. I use a directtv remote. No way to program the sound bar to turn on with the TV/satellite. I don't want to have to hit2 power buttons. My old one has a power save but it goes to sleep, it doesn't turn itself off.
No lag when adjusting volume. I picked up a Phillips to replace the one we have and it takes 2-3 seconds to respond. Lame.
Under 36 inches oa length. Has to fit in the tv cabinet.
Prefer a sub. Wired or wireless is fine.
Bluetooth or not. I have a Bluetooth receiveri can connect if it has additional inputs. Changing source is kind of a pain since I usea direct TV remote. Have to dig out the other remote.

Pretty specifici know but any ideas are appreciated.
Kampfers
AG
I have a vizio sound bar and I'm not sure if it meets alllllll of your criteria or not, but it's pretty slick.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CDIK908/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like it won't actually, as I found the link I saw the smallest was 38 inches.

but it really is a quality sound bar setup for an affordable price level.
LGAggie
AG
Thanks for the rec. I actually looked at that one but the size and the wired rear speakers killed it for me. No way to hide the wires with my room shape.
McNasty
AG
FYI the rear speakers are wired to the sub, which is wireless back to the bar. Have this thing and love it
LGAggie
AG
Yeah I saw that. My living room is open to the kitchen in the rear. Without going into the walls there is absolutely no way to make that setup work
Bryan98
AG
Sounds like there isn't a Vizio that fits your dimensions, but FYI the one I got recently can be programmed to respond to the volume up, down, and mute signals that you are already sending. It does proactively "sleep", but any volume adjustment activates it.
LGAggie
AG
Did you get a vizio? Can you list the model?
Bryan98
AG
I got one, but it's 42" long or something. Doesn't fit your space.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.