clash of clans farming trouble

3,892 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ksp
space_treadmill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just turned th 8 and I'm having a hard time finding loot. What trophy count should I be at? I just dove down to sub 200 and tried that, but it failed miserably. Too many th 8, 9 and 10 down there.
spider96
AG
I try to stay in Silver 2, between 1000 and 1200. No issues there for me.
sornman
At TH8, I think 1300-1500 is a pretty good range. In the process of going to TH9 right now and trying to build up gold/elixer/de..

Problem is all the idiots that just lightning spell your storages.
Ark03
AG
I'm about 3/4 maxed TH 8, and I farm at 1100-1200 using barbarians, archers, and sometimes a few gobs (my cheap army), or I use a giants/healers army at 1300-1500 if I'm farming DE. I keep my TH outside the walls so I generally get a quick shield without being hit too hard.

I did have some trouble when I was trying to raise 30k DE for the level 3 hog upgrade. I did keep getting hit for my DE, but the pressure was off when I spent down my DE again.
ksp
Lvl 10 TH raiding blows, stay 9 and upgrade as many walls as you can.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
Finding good loot seems to take a big hit after an update. Usually gets better after a week. I like to get the first purple shield(2000 trophies) then stay above 1900.
ksp
I am hanging at about 2200 at TH10, the loot is tolerable only because of the 50k/50k/100 DE bonus
ChipFTAC01
AG
See, I feel like looting has been better since the update. I've gotten more 200k-ish/200k-ish/800ish raids in the last week than I feel like I've even seen in forever.
Krys
AG
just turned TH8 as well and am farming around 1400-1500. getting decent loot using mostly archers and a few giants each time
MW03
AG
Am I the only one that raids with

- barbs to draw fire
- bombers to take down the wall
- giants to attack the immediate defenses
- goblins on goblins streaming after the goods
Ark03
AG
quote:

- barbs to draw fire
I do a lot of that, but I always have at least 20 archers in that setup to take out point defenses behind walls, CC troops, or barb kings.
ksp
quote:
See, I feel like looting has been better since the update. I've gotten more 200k-ish/200k-ish/800ish raids in the last week than I feel like I've even seen in forever.
What TH lvl are you?? This appears, according to the CoC forums, a high end lvl th10 issue more than anything. SC admits to changing it up some also. After the maint break on Weds loot was off the charts, 12 hrs later it blew again.

3/5 builders sitting idle.
ksp
quote:

- barbs to draw fire
That is a tough attack at TH10, as the gobs and archers are squishy vs maxed splash weapons.

Currently at TH10 I use 4 giants to draw fire, 26 Max HR, 35 barb, 35 archer, lvl 10 queen and king and 5 heal if needed. Otherwise with a giant/archer/barb/gob combo at th10 with max weapons, it is usually a slaughter.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
quote:
What TH lvl are you?? This appears, according to the CoC forums, a high end lvl th10 issue more than anything. SC admits to changing it up some also. After the maint break on Weds loot was off the charts, 12 hrs later it blew again.

3/5 builders sitting idle.

TH9. Iv'e recently dropped down into the 1800ish range.
ksp
Wish I would have stayed at 9 long enough to upgrade all death walls to fire walls. But the lure of infernos was to great lol
Ark03
AG
quote:
Wish I would have stayed at 9 long enough to upgrade all death walls to fire walls. But the lure of infernos was to great lol
I've been maxing every level before I advance. It's a grind. TH 8 is brutal, and I'm sure 9 and 10 are much worse.
MW03
AG
I'm in the process of moving from 7 to 8 right now. Upgraded everything to max except the walls (and some spell extras). I want the damn dark matter drill, damnit. I cannot wait any longer.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
quote:
I've been maxing every level before I advance. It's a grind. TH 8 is brutal, and I'm sure 9 and 10 are much worse.
I spent probably 3 or 4 months just taking my walls from purple to blue to black before going from 8 to 9.

One nice thing though (because everything else was completely maxed out) was that elixir was completely valueless to me. So I could run a very expensive army and not have to worry about the rate of return.

ksp
quote:
quote:
Everything but walls are always maxed before going to next level, but at a mil a pop after 21 fire walls, I moved on as it was mind numbing. 9 is horrible, xbows and infernos and AD's take fooooorrrreeeevvvveeerrrrrrr
Thriller
AG
now the walls can be upgraded by elixir or gold after achieving a certain level...
ksp
quote:
now the walls can be upgraded by elixir or gold after achieving a certain level...
Ya that just started with last update about a month ago, right after I upgraded. I had full elixir for 3 weeks then upgrade and then SC changed it.
Ark03
AG
quote:
I'm in the process of moving from 7 to 8 right now. Upgraded everything to max except the walls (and some spell extras). I want the damn dark matter drill, damnit. I cannot wait any longer.
Don't get excited. The DE drill is so slow it won't make much of a difference early on. With the drill at level 3 (max for TH8), it'll pull 45 DE an hour, or 1080 per day, if it doesn't get attacked (attackers will take 75% of uncollected DE from the drill). It has a max capacity of 450 at lvl 3, so you have to sign on at least 3x per day to get the full benefit. So, its worth maybe one good DE raid per day.

It will cost you 6 days and 4.5M elix to get it to lvl 3, so it will take quite a while before it earns it's keep.
MW03
AG
Jeez. How do people get the damn barb king and crap, then? I tried just spell attacking DE containers, but nobody carries more than like 300 DE in the raids I've seen, and it takes 10,000 just to get that *******.
ksp
I have three DE drills, 2 lvl 6(max) and one lvl 4. I always keep them boosted. I just spent 50k to upgrade quuen to 10 and last night found a base with inferno and xbows empty and wiped him and took 4300DE and loot bonus of 200.

Max the DE drills asap and boost if possible, it adds up fast that way.
ksp
quote:
I tried just spell attacking DE containers,
I will lose a ton of every kind of elixir and gold to attack someone back who spell bombed my DE container because i think it is spineless, altho part of the game, but I will wipe any level base off the map because of this. Yes petty I know but it bothers me lol
Ark03
AG
quote:
Jeez. How do people get the damn barb king and crap, then? I tried just spell attacking DE containers, but nobody carries more than like 300 DE in the raids I've seen, and it takes 10,000 just to get that *******.
You have to farm it. I got my BK to lvl 5, and just got my hog riders to lvl 3 (30k elix), primarily through farming. I like 1400-1600 for DE, but it varies on your troops and attack methods. When I was making my last big push, I used expensive attacks - I lost elix, but gained DE.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yep, just grind, grind, grind. I maxed out my BK at lvl 10 and had my DE troops as upgraded as possible before I upgraded to TH 9.
ksp
quote:
quote:
You have to farm it. I got my BK to lvl 5, and just got my hog riders to lvl 3 (30k elix), primarily through farming. I like 1400-1600 for DE, but it varies on your troops and attack methods. When I was making my last big push, I used expensive attacks - I lost elix, but gained DE.
This! it really isn't to hard. I have lvl 5 minions, max HR, lvl 10 queen , lvl 10BK, lvl 2 valkyrie
javajaws
AG
Farming has been really bad the last few days after the update (other then the first few hours after). Its slowly getting better.

I farm mostly in gold 2/3. On a good night I get get a 300k and quite a few 200k hits. This week a good hit is 200k with lots of nexting.
ksp
4 200k in a row! And from 800-2500DE. Best in last two days
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.