Best option for selling used iPhone 5 and 4?

2,558 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by bmks270
CLB2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I have two 6's headed our way in the mail. Thus, we need to sell our old 5 and 4 (AT&T). Both have been in full body cases since day 1, so both are in near perfect condition.

Ebay the best route?
Bregxit
AG
I sold my 3G and 4S when we got our 5S's on eBay. Got $185 and $385 repectively. Was nice and easy.
agracer
AG
How much do you want for the 5 and can you unlock it so I can use it on T-Mobile?
CLB2008
AG
quote:
How much do you want for the 5 and can you unlock it so I can use it on T-Mobile?

To be honest, havent looked around to see what a fair price is. What are you looking to pay? For a good price, would like to help another Ag out.
As for the unlocking, not sure how that works. Not the most tech savvy guy...
FiTxAg04
AG
If your 4 and 5 are out of contract, which I'm sure they are, google "unlock iphone att" and fill out AT&Ts online form. Really easy and they'll remotely unlock it. Then, you'll do best on ebay. I just got $150 this way for a 16gb 4s w/cracked screen and beat up pretty good.
TX AG 88
AG
i bought a used (AT&T) iPhone 5c on glyde.com and was very satisfied. Excellent condition, and it really was. You have 48 hours to evaluate your purchase and return it if you don't like it.

I'm planning to sell my (Sprint) Galaxy S3 on there, when I get around to it. They recommend a price for the phone you're listing, but you can go higher. The price they recommend is the price they found will get you a sale within X days (somewhere around 3-4 days, iirc).
Vade281
AG
I had success selling on amazon. Sold an ipad2 and iphone 3gs
BQ2001
AG
I just sold a 5s on eBay and it sucked. Sniped by a guy in Greece so I had to try and get a second chance offer. The next highest guy took it but getting an address out of him sucked because I don't think he spoke English well (from south Florida).

I'd do gazelle if I did it over again for ease and I only made $20 more than they offered after eBay fees.
agracer
AG
quote:
quote:

To be honest, havent looked around to see what a fair price is. What are you looking to pay? For a good price, would like to help another Ag out.
As for the unlocking, not sure how that works. Not the most tech savvy guy...
Assuming it's out of contract, you contact ATT and they send you an e-mail link to unlock the phone form their network. Then you wipe all your data, then go into iCloud and delete the phone from your account so it can be used on another account.

Looks like good condition 16GB iPhone 5 unlocked are going for between $300-$350 on ebay.
CLB2008
AG
New 6 will arive this week. So, selling my white 16GB 5 that is in perfect condition (been in a case since day 1). It is AT&T but I can unlock for anyone.
Selling for $300. Post here if interested.
ashleyschaeffer
I traded my AT&T 5 64 to Best Buy yesterday for gift cards. Could have done better elsewhere probably but I buy stuff from there every now and again and the process was simple and fast.
Andy07
AG
www.swappa.com
Mollie03
AG
I just sold my I unlocked 5 for $250 on eBay. I did buy it now price, checked box for no international shipping. I sold my 4 two years ago for similar price with nj issues.
notheranymore
The lady who does my nails has a cousin who wants to buy my iPhone 5 (I've recently upgraded to the 6). The lady will send it to Vietnam where they'll do whatever it is they'll do with it. Am I at any risk? How do I strip the phone of all personal data? How much should I ask for it?

TIA
schwabbin
AG
Gazelle made it reallllly easy
Azariah
AG
I use craigslist to avoid the fees. Works every time.
Azariah
AG
If you get cash for it then you aren't at risk when you turn it over. Make sure you have it wiped and your SIM is out, but they still probably can't do much with it if it has a lock code.

Also remember to turn off Find My iPhone if you have that on.
notheranymore
So to get the SIM out I need to unscrew it, right? Maybe I'll just tell her my husband sold it w/out me knowing and I'll do Gazelle instead.
quote:

Just to let you know, if you use an AT&T unlocked phone for T-Mobile, you won't be able to use Mobile Hotspot.
CapCity12thMan
AG
when we got our two 6s, I took my 4 and my wife's 4s into AT&T store. Got $400 for both. It was part of a buy back promo I think.
Diggity
AG
quote:
Gazelle made it reallllly easy
getting fleeced should be easy
bmks270
AG
quote:
when we got our two 6s, I took my 4 and my wife's 4s into AT&T store. Got $400 for both. It was part of a buy back promo I think.

Did the same with fiance, got a $200 credit for each 4s.... left with an iPhone 6 and galaxy s5.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.