Everything is italicized!

587 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AggieWife2008
AggieWife2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
One day when I turned on my computer, most of everything was italicized and it is driving me nuts. Emails, Facebook, etc. As I am typing this, it is not italicized. I have reset fonts and done most of everything I have found online with no luck. Any ideas?
Diggity
AG
that's strange!
AggieWife2008
S
quote:
that's strange!
Don't mess with me! LOL
Civen
AG
Maybe your monitor is tilted.
adamsbq06
AG
i didnt know you could change the font on stoves, dishwashers or washing machines
Tomdoss92
AG
she doesn't know how to use the three seashells
Ganondorf
AG
From the internet:

quote:
Out of nowhere, some time ago, all my (normal) texts in Firefox and Internet Explorer went italic. Meaning, every bit of text that wasn't in bold or a header went italics...

What happened was that for some reason the default Arial font went missing. Firefox and IE then automatically switched to the italics variant of the standard Arial font for displaying text in Arial. The solution is easy: copy a Arial.ttf file back into c:\windows\fonts.

I can't supply you with the file (licensing issues) but just know that it is supplied with every copy of windows. Just open up c:\windows\fonts on any PC that doesn't have the problem, copy the file Arial.ttf (Arial standard) onto an USB stick and then copy the file into the c:\windows\fonts folder of the PC.

quote:

to the people still having problems heres another solution, i don't know how this happened to me but it did.

Go into the fonts folder, right click inside the folder, click install new font, install arial black.

Hope I solved the problem for many people.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/237049-44-text-italicized-computer
double aught
AG
Arial
AggieWife2008
S
quote:
From the internet:

quote:
Out of nowhere, some time ago, all my (normal) texts in Firefox and Internet Explorer went italic. Meaning, every bit of text that wasn't in bold or a header went italics...

What happened was that for some reason the default Arial font went missing. Firefox and IE then automatically switched to the italics variant of the standard Arial font for displaying text in Arial. The solution is easy: copy a Arial.ttf file back into c:\windows\fonts.

I can't supply you with the file (licensing issues) but just know that it is supplied with every copy of windows. Just open up c:\windows\fonts on any PC that doesn't have the problem, copy the file Arial.ttf (Arial standard) onto an USB stick and then copy the file into the c:\windows\fonts folder of the PC.

quote:

to the people still having problems heres another solution, i don't know how this happened to me but it did.

Go into the fonts folder, right click inside the folder, click install new font, install arial black.

Hope I solved the problem for many people.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/237049-44-text-italicized-computer
Thanks for trying but this didn't help. I also tried to reset fonts in Google Chrome since that is what I use but no dice. Not sure what else to try.

And to most of the other comments...I am having a hard time typing this because I can't stop laughing. Hardy har har.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.