#GamerGate

2,943 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by bangobango
cone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cone
AG
from bangobango's link, i think this goes to the heart of the matter

quote:
The reason is that consensus can be easily accomplished by controlling the narrativecultural facts, ideas, and memes that are possessed by a specific population. If one can manufacture consensus by controlling this narrative through domination of the media or by swiftly eliminating speech which goes against what "should" be believed, specific beliefs can be held even if they go against proven scientific thought or basic rationale.

this whole ****show wasn't even really a thing until it was shown that many gaming blogs were coordinating on the narrative
Longstreet
More importantly, most tweets were neutral in sentiment."

Pretty much puts paid to the Newsweek "study".
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
from bangobango's link, i think this goes to the heart of the matter

quote:
The reason is that consensus can be easily accomplished by controlling the narrativecultural facts, ideas, and memes that are possessed by a specific population. If one can manufacture consensus by controlling this narrative through domination of the media or by swiftly eliminating speech which goes against what "should" be believed, specific beliefs can be held even if they go against proven scientific thought or basic rationale.

this whole ****show wasn't even really a thing until it was shown that many gaming blogs were coordinating on the narrative
Read most of that. I'm pretty sure you can sum it up more succinctly: Social Justice Warriors are children in grown ups bodies who throw internet tantrums when people don't do what they want.
bangobango
AG
Watch the youtube clips on that link, too.

They're crazy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.