Amy advice for rooting an htc on (M7)?

400 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by khaos288
OkinTexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've tried numerous times, but with no success. I always have problems of one kind of another. What is the best method. Is there anyone else with an htc one that has found the right method?
khaos288
AG
Venom rom is my favorite.

Not sure what problems you're having though. Did you try xdadevelopers?
OkinTexas
Thanks for the reply Khan. I've tried many different ways but keep hitting roadblocks either of my own ineptitude or the phone just being difficult. I'll try venom though, haven't tried that yet. X developers I've tried. Very confusing to me.
OkinTexas
I'm downloading the venom zip file to my downloads folder. So I just unzip it on my Android or should I use a computer? I'll read up in the meantime.
HossAg
AG
I can't seem to root my htc one m8 verizon model at all. Seems like my only option is weaksauce with supersu to establish a root, but that keeps failing. I'd like to be able to have the option to switch to stock android 5.0 in the future if I don't like how they integrate sense 6 with it, but I keep getting root failure.
OkinTexas
Same here. I wish there was a local "root" store, I'd just take it there.
khaos288
AG
quote:
I'm downloading the venom zip file to my downloads folder. So I just unzip it on my Android or should I use a computer? I'll read up in the meantime.
nooo no no no no.

You have to root your phone. Then, install clockwork mod recovery. Then, wipe the phone/delvik cache. After that you install from the sdcard the rom as a zip, and it will be a whole new phone.

Here is a how to.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.