Android 5.0 Lollipop

9,137 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by flintdragon
reb,
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
touchdown for exchange is pricey but worth it, IMHO https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nitrodesk.droid20.nitroid&hl=en

haven't ever used it for exchange but K9 Mail is free and open source https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsck.k9&hl=en
Hudson2508
AG
Lollipop has done wonders for my Nexus 10. Battery life is better than it was out of the box two years ago.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Got the new Nexus in today. Looking forward to playing with it.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
Got it for my Nexus 5 but disappointed that my 2012 Nexus 7 still hasn't gotten it.
HossAg
AG
Just sitting here waiting for HTC to finish the sense 6 android 5.0 overhaul.
ktownag08
AG
Cannot believe I'm about to say this, but here goes...

Thank you Verizon Wireless for being on the ball this time. I was updated today on my Verizon Moto X 2nd Gen.

I feel like I'm now just using the full capabilities of my new phone! So far, this is pretty damn slick.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Any one received an update on the Verizon HTC One M7? or is it delayed because of Sense?
HossAg
AG
Gpe will be getting it soon, our sense 6 versions will have to wait till around late December or early January to get it due to the customizations they are making.
Hudson2508
AG
Running CM12 on my M8 and it's glorious. Not perfect yet but it's smooth as hell. Battery life is also amazing. 5 hours of screen on time today using all LTE and still at 50%.

AggieT
AG
Has anyone else had major battery issues since upgrading on a Nexus 5? I'm barely getting 8 hours on a charge. The battery stats don't seem to make much sense.
AggieT
AG
Also, other than cm12, are there any other Roms that I should check out? I was hoping that lollipop would help with battery life, but now my phone is almost unusable.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
VERY hit and miss for me. Sometimes my battery is outstanding, sometimes it's hilariously bad.

If you don't use it, consider disabling the Fit app that's automatically installed when updating to Lollipop. Doing that did help my battery tremendously overall.
reb,
AG
If you are getting weird battery life after an OTA, especially a big upgrade like this, you should do a full wipe and factory reset. 99% chance things are much better afterwards.
AggieT
AG
Resetting now. Fingers crossed.
AggieT
AG
Crap. It has been stuck on "erasing" for 45 minutes. This can't be good.
reb,
AG
what steps did you take, exactly?
AggieT
AG
It finally finished sometime overnight. Not sure what the problem was. Hopefully that will fix everything.
LOYAL AG
AG
quote:
If you are getting weird battery life after an OTA, especially a big upgrade like this, you should do a full wipe and factory reset. 99% chance things are much better afterwards.

See, this kind of stuff is simply inexcusable to me. It takes me about two hours to get my phone put back together then way I want it. Having to do a factory reset is a major undertaking and honestly is enough to make me not want to stay with that platform/manufacturer next time I get a phone. I shouldn't have to do a factory reset just because their "upgrade" was so poorly put together that it screws up what was a perfectly good device.
reb,
AG
it happens to iOS devices too my friend, no software is perfect. having to wipe is not necessary the vast majority of the time but sometimes it'll make your life easier to just do it
Stasco
AG
quote:
quote:

See, this kind of stuff is simply inexcusable to me. It takes me about two hours to get my phone put back together then way I want it. Having to do a factory reset is a major undertaking and honestly is enough to make me not want to stay with that platform/manufacturer next time I get a phone. I shouldn't have to do a factory reset just because their "upgrade" was so poorly put together that it screws up what was a perfectly good device.
This is why I highly recommend creating a full backup/restore point before installing an OTA update.
reb,
AG
rusts just for rooted folks though shock doesn't solve the problem of joe six-pack having trouble with ota updates, I think he'd say
flintdragon
AG
I've noticed that certain apps are draining the battery very very quickly as well. Maybe it is an OS bug or perhaps poor code? When I'm playing Puzzle and Dragons, the battery meter dip is VERY steep.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.