Best case available for iPhone 6+

1,554 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by schmendeler
George08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What case should I get?
Thanks
chipotle
tpu case at monoprice

Or just be a complete dumbass and go naked and blame everyone but yourself when it gets dented.
TracerX
Only cases I found on monoprice were for the 6, not the 6 plus. I got a tpu case from Best Buy for mine (here for $14.99). A lot of people suggested Spigen but there seemed to be quite a few complaints so I decided that, if nothing else, the BB case would be a good stopgap solution while waiting on other cases. Honestly though, I like the feel of the BB case and that it is one of the few that doesn't have the logo cutout in the back so I'll probably stick with it.
Aggietaco
AG
Considering it's daintiness, get an otterbox defender.
tamuwx
AG
I really like the silicone apple case, but it is a bit pricey.
G Martin 87
AG
Spigen Slim Case, or the bomber jacket leather case from Levenger if you like leather.
Barry Kripke
AG
Spigen Air Cushion on my 6. It's phenomenal.
George08
AG
Otterboxes and the leather case mentioned above are only available on the 6-- not the 6+ yet.

I ordered a leather one from apple and will report back.
Aggietaco
AG
The leather case is nice. Leather feels plastic-y but improves a bit with wear. No issues with controls or cable access. Decently thick to protect against bumps but I doubt it would help with #bendgate.
AggieBQ03
AG
quote:
The leather case is nice. Leather feels plastic-y but improves a bit with wear. No issues with controls or cable access. Decently thick to protect against bumps but I doubt it would help with #bendgate.

Are you talking about the apple leather case? Was thinking of getting this one or monoprice tpu when I can get back stateside and get a regular 6
Aggietaco
AG
Yes, that was in reply to
quote:
I ordered a leather one from apple and will report back
Chipotlemonger
AG
Everything I have seen has pointed towards Speck Candyshell
testosterbone
AG
I have the Apple leather case and am happy with it. Used the same kind on my 5S with no issues. As previously stated, they feel somewhat plastic at first but begin softening up as you handle it more. Slim profile and don't appear to be able to handle a ton of abuse. If you are hard on your phone. I would look elsewhere.
cone
AG
waiting for magpul
AggieBQ03
AG
Thanks for the replies on the leather case. Not hard on my phones. Never had a cover on my iPhone 4 I still use. Just thinking about getting something for the iPhone 6 when I eventually get one. Liked the idea of a slim leather cover for the back compared to something more bulky.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
I had a 5 for 2 years with no case and it was fine, but with the 6 I just got the leather one from Apple (mainly because the protruding lens made me at least want something on it to level it when I put it down face up) and I've liked it.

Very slim line, especially compared to my wife's Otterbox Commuter for the 6. But she is around our 3 daughters all day long, so her phone takes a beating
whiteman
Got the Otter Box while I wait for Life Proof to come out with their case.
George08
AG
quote:
Everything I have seen has pointed towards Speck Candyshell

Same deal with this- not available for the 6 plus yet
OkinTexas
quote:
What case should I get?
Thanks

My wife got one of those clear gel cases off Amazon and loves it. I also ordered one off Amazon for my HTC and love it as well. Both were really cheap (mine was 6 dollars) they are slim, protect the phone well, and give the phone a beautiful look.

I love the HTC metal look and my case makes it look even better. I think most of us buy phones not just because of their performance, but because of their looks as well.
OkinTexas
Oh, she has an iPhone 6
OkinTexas
quote:
Got the Otter Box while I wait for Life Proof to come out with their case.

Good for you. I'm not a fan of otter box though. Way too bulky for me. With the toughness of screens these days, I don't see the need for too much protection other than a cover that protects the body against a drop. The screen on my phone (htc one M7) has survived multiple drops with nary a scratch.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Very indecisive myself. Probably just gonna grab a Candyshell Grip and go from there.
Punked Shank
AG
Im a huge fan of the bodyglove cases
Chipotlemonger
AG
Checked out an Otterbox defender yesterday. Seemed pretty good. Worth it to get over the Speck Candyshell grip? I like that there's a screen too. Plan on using my phone as long as possible, just like I did with my iPhone 4.
Aggietaco
AG
I've had an otterbox on past phones and have one on my current ipad and realistically, if you don't work in dirty environments (oil field, construction site, fab shop, etc), you shouldn't need an otterbox to keep your phone functional for it's (Apple's planned) life time. The added protection is nice but unnecessary, IMO, unless you are a naturally clumsy person. Or if you have kids.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Naturally clumsy and I use things until they're a brick.
schmendeler
AG
i have no interest in carrying a sarco****us around my phone; I tend to like something minimal. that said, I've really liked the leather apple one. I don't need it to be impervious to repeated slams on concrete. a little cushion to protect from the rare drop from pocket height is enough. and this does the job.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.