Assassin's Creed Unity Story trailer.

1,830 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SBISA Victim
SBISA Victim
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It looks really good.
JonLobb
quote:
It looks really good.

aside from that fact that this game looks really good, that is probably the most impressive video game trailer I've ever seen.
rangerdanger
AG
Sacrebleu!
wangus12
AG
Already reserved both Unity and Rogue. My favorite game series along with Mass Effect and Uncharted
Kampfers
AG
bu bu but 900p/30fps...

haha, no. **** that noise.

this game is going to be awesome.
jr15aggie
AG
Up to this point I have Ryse as the best looking next Gen game... This game looks just as good but it's open world with tons of stuff going on in the background. Dang impressive!

My only issue is that it comes out the same day as Halo. I'm not a fan of getting two games at once. I might have to wait a little bit for this one... I'm playing shadow of mordor right now so I'm inclined to go for the shooter first. And it's friggin Halo after all!
Fenrir
Ubisoft knows how to make gripping trailers.
Kampfers
AG
quote:
My only issue is that it comes out the same day as Halo. I'm not a fan of getting two games at once. I might have to wait a little bit for this one... I'm playing shadow of mordor right now so I'm inclined to go for the shooter first. And it's friggin Halo after all!
IDK. I've already played the **** out of the Halo series. I can't imagine it holding the same appeal today that it did back then. It's the same experience. Maybe it's just me but I don't understand the appeal of buying digital remasters. I won't be getting GTA5 for the same reason. I will end up picking up Halo, but only because I never played Halo 4 and I want to fill in the story before 5 releases.

Overall, however, I'd rather experience something new with AC: Unity than something I spent hours laboring over on a previous generation.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Overall, however, I'd rather experience something new with AC: Unity than something I spent hours laboring over on a previous generation.

I don't disagree, especially since AC has co-op and I'd really like to play with some of y'all at least a few times. So it's not set in stone by any means, but I just don't like buying 2 games at the same time. One of these days somebody really smart is gonna say, "hey, you know how many blockbuster games come out in June... zero... that's when we are gonna release our AAA game!". I wouldn't mind buying a COD game again, but there's too much competition October/November.
wangus12
AG
quote:
My only issue is that it comes out the same day as Halo.
My shopping list on Nov. 11th:

Assassin's Creed: Unity
Assassin's Creed: Rogue
Halo: Master Chief Edition

Then Far Cry 4 comes out a week later.

I hate November. Totally agree with jr, I wish they would spread the releases out better. I don't think there is anything big in July, at least this year.
jeffk
AG
My favorite part of the Rogue wiki article:

quote:
The underwater diving missions featured in Black Flag do not exist in the North Atlantic, as swimming causes the player's health to rapidly deplete due to the frigid water.
Fenrir
quote:
quote:
My only issue is that it comes out the same day as Halo.
My shopping list on Nov. 11th:

Assassin's Creed: Unity
Assassin's Creed: Rogue
Halo: Master Chief Edition

Then Far Cry 4 comes out a week later.

I hate November. Totally agree with jr, I wish they would spread the releases out better. I don't think there is anything big in July, at least this year.
The rationale is probably that people spend more money on games in the fall months than spring/summer typically. Could be a chicken-egg situation though.
wangus12
AG
Yeah, my guess is since its around the holidays. They usually release some decent games going into the summer as well. July used to have NCAA Football, but not anymore.
S.A.Aggie2006
AG
Excited for Rogue. I did not like Black Flag at all. I found it way to repetitive. Glad the game is going to be land-based with a few naval missions like ac3
jeffk
AG
Unity looks fun. Excited to have some bigger urban environments back. Nothing in the last few games could touch the Hagia Sophia or the Roman Coliseum.
wangus12
AG
I really enjoyed Black Flag. As everyone says though, AC3 and Revelations have been the low points of the series. I think Rogue is a bit of a risk since AC3 has been considered the low point. Unity though has looked absolutely incredible so far and I too am glad to be returning to the massive city landscape.
jr15aggie
AG
I LOVED Black Flag, specifically its location. If money were no object and I could do whatever I wanted, I think I would spend a lot of time on a tropical island drinking rum. Both of those activities were a big 'check' in Black Flag... more than once I sat in my gaming chair drinking rum while playing Black Flag (where I was also drinking rum). And anytime my cup became empty I quoted my favorite line from Pirates of the Caribbean, "Why is the rum gone!?"

I might have a drinking problem ;-)
wangus12
AG
Rumception!
agfan2013
AG
Black flag was my favorite do the series followed by AC brotherhood. I loved getting out of the cities and the team did a really good job with tropical environments. It looked really colorful and vibrant especially for a cross-gen game.

All of that said, I'm excited for this one. I originally planned on not buying the next AC because the series was getting too stale, but with the revamped combat, new climbing and decendninf mechanics, coop mode, hundred person plus environments, and more they definitely drew me back in. This could be game of the year for me after being so disappointed with destiny.
agfan2013
AG
Oh and the trailer looks good, but video game producers have gotten really good at hype marketing their games with nice and expensive trailers. CoD always manages to have really intense and action packed trailers but I quit falling for that years ago. I much prefer live action sequences that showcase only gameplay.
JonLobb
I still haven't completed AC:3 or Black Flag. I need to carve out some time and burn through them before Rouge and Unity come out.

I'll probably get Rouge on the PS3. I have Black Flag on the PC, and I don't like playing it at all.
bbattbq01
AG
I lost interest in 3 and never finished. Haven't picked up 4 yet. Loved all the games up until 3.

This one looks great. Really need to force myself to best 3 since 4 looks pretty good.
wangus12
AG
I'd suggest getting Black Flag. So, so much better than AC3. I agree with most, it has been my favorite of the series.

If you haven't seen this E3 trailer for Unity, it always gets me pumped for the game. Can't wait to be killing some baddies with you lot.

E3 Trailer

The Elise reveal. I'm interested in what they do with this story line.

Elise
SBISA Victim
AG
I agree with many of you. Assassins Creed is my favorite series. Ironically the only main game I haven't played is Assassin's Creed 2 which I've heard is the best.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.