Clash of Clans! Join our Aggie clan :)

6,059 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Furious Styles
AggieWife2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Any nerds out there? We have a clan called "Aggie Spirit" and are looking for people to join. Nerds unite!!!
JPTC08
AG
Don't have 1000 trophies yet
PuryearFratDaddy
AG
AgWife08, how often does your clan war and what's general personality of clan...casual or serious? Looking for a casual one, war once, maybe twice a week, as one I was in before (Aggie too and great guys) was pretty serious.
RAT90
AG
You war Friday at 9p? No weddings or wars on Saturdays in the fall.

Anybody want to join El Tumi let me know. We war twice per week and have a good core of 15ish folk ranging from kids to adults from all over. We ar looking to grow, but seem to get impatient folk or hoppers coming in.
AggieWife2008
S
quote:
Don't have 1000 trophies yet
How many do you have? I will lower it so that you can join!
TonsterPS
AG
Hey all, I'm looking for a more casual clan as well. Currently in a clan with some Aggies; pretty intense with strategy and all that, which is great, but they also typically do 10v10 Clan Wars, and I'm just not high enough level compared with everyone else in the clan to participate.

I currently have a lvl 7 TH, and I am fairly active.
AggieWife2008
S
quote:
AgWife08, how often does your clan war and what's general personality of clan...casual or serious? Looking for a casual one, war once, maybe twice a week, as one I was in before (Aggie too and great guys) was pretty serious.
We start a war Friday at 9pm so active war is saturday and Sunday. We are all full time workers and/or students at A&M. All members are in age range of late twenties- early 30's. I do have one young cousin on there though. Easy going, no drama, laid back. I, like you was in a clan where they went to war constantly. I got kicked out for missing it once. We are totally not serious...very casual. You should join!
AggieWife2008
S
quote:
Hey all, I'm looking for a more casual clan as well. Currently in a clan with some Aggies; pretty intense with strategy and all that, which is great, but they also typically do 10v10 Clan Wars, and I'm just not high enough level compared with everyone else in the clan to participate.

I currently have a lvl 7 TH, and I am fairly active.
Join us! How many trophies do you have?
TonsterPS
AG
1258 - and I just 'asked' to join your clan.

Name in there is the same here - TonsterPS
RAT90
AG
FWIW, El Tumi ranges from TH 6 to TH 10 and we like to help out others with less experience with strategies for bases and attacking and such.
AggieWife2008
S
Awesome!! Thanks for everyone that joined so far. More are welcome!! War prep is Friday!
culdeus
AG
Launch on Thursday by 7pm and I'll be in for one or two.
AggieWife2008
S
Sorry, Culdeus...I do it like that because the majority of the members like it that way. Join up if you change your mind!
MichaelJ
AG
I just requested admittance to Aggie Spirit.

I believe I will be bringing 2 or 3 with me
AggieWife2008
S
quote:
I just requested admittance to Aggie Spirit.

I believe I will be bringing 2 or 3 with me

Thanks, Mike! Feel free to bring whoever you want. We are at 15 people now! Lets keep it going!
Midtown SAHD
Will someone help me with this whole Clash of Clans thing? I have an elementary aged son who has just begun to play this. I looked at it at first and thought he was just playing against the computer sort of like Minecraft, but it appears I was wrong as he has been "attacked" a few times by some others in Asia. I am cautious about him playing it anymore as it appears he is automatically part of the online Clans community. Can someone walk me through what joining a clan involves and about "going to war"? I'm very cautious of my son being on the internet with strangers, so any information would be helpful. Also, can others contact my son while he is on the game without permission? I understand that if he is in a "clan" that they can chat with him but how about strangers? He seems to enjoy the game and I don't want to take it away from him but he is too young to have unfettered access to the internet.

Thanks.
RAT90
AG
As far as I know, the only way to get contacted is through the clan chat. However, he needs to be a member of a clan first. And it is not really a direct contact; it is more of a message board amongst the clan members.

Their is also a chat for the entire CoC community, but you have to use it for anybody to know your handle.

There is no search feature for somebody to find an individual. One can only search for clans and then they can scout each member's base, but they cannot contact them.

Lastly, attacks are randomly generated by the CoC computer. When your son attacks others, the computer chooses them. Conversely, when others go out to attack, the computer chooses somebody. That somebody could be your son. That is the only interaction. No other contact.
RAT90
AG
The reason for these attacks is to gain trophies or to loot resources. It is part of the game and personally do not give it a second thought because the chances of me finding out who attacked me or who I attacked is virtually nil.

War is another feature of the game is which two clans of somewhat equal strength battle each other. Each member gets to choose whom they would like to attack from the other team, usually picking somebody they know they can beat or would make a great battle. This is based on the strength of their own troops versus the strength of the opponent's defenses. (Upgrading your troops and defenses is the reason for looting.)

The members of the winning clan are awarded loot based on their two attacks against members of the other clan.
Midtown SAHD
Thanks. So it sounds fairly safe for him to play with some supervision and internet rules. I appreciate the info.
RAT90
AG
In my current clan, we have both youth and adults and we police ourselves pretty good in regards to language and how we conduct ourselves. There are some that know each other either through school or work or they are family. The only personal thing anybody in the clan has ever asked me is my age. Others have been asked location because they are on odd hours or know little English. We have had folk from England, Russia, and Korea in our clan.

As with anything, it is just about being cautious and "knowing" those in your clan.

Lastly, I have had less issues in CoC than I ever did on Xbox Live. If you have concerns, send him to my clan and we will take care of him and help him become a better player. My handle is Dr RAT and clan is El Tumi.

You can search for clans by clicking on the clan castle and then clicking the Search Clans tab.
Midtown SAHD
Like I said, he is in elementary school and we only allow screens (ie TV, non-school related computer, ipad) on weekends and holidays, so Friday afternoon until Sunday evening. If you wouldn't mind a little guy who knows very little and just started, I'll ask him. I will probably sit over his shoulder for a while until it feels comfortable for both of us and he learns what exactly he is allowed to share and what he can't. We are walking in new territory with this whole "kid on the internet" thing.

Your information is appreciated.
Thriller
AG
quote:
Lastly, I have had less issues in CoC than I ever did on Xbox Live. If you have concerns, send him to my clan and we will take care of him and help him become a better player. My handle is Dr RAT and clan is El Tumi.

You can search for clans by clicking on the clan castle and then clicking the Search Clans tab.

As a member of this clan, I can provide a second reference for El Tumi and RAT
AggieWife2008
S
Just bumping! We now have 36 aggies in the clan! Looking for more high level people whoever is interested. Lots of fun, drama free, and we war once a week. Clan Tag #LGUOCCV and our clan is "Aggie Spririt"
Fleff
AG
I have been playing but have yet to join a clan. what is high level and what does joining a clan entail? my th7 is being built now.
culdeus
AG
I attacked an aggie spirit member recently. Loon attack that went off the rails. Hope whomever it was got a good laugh out of it.
Phat32
AG
New update is nice
Thriller
AG
second DE drill available at TH8, one available at TH7

However, if you were going pink to purple walls, you can only do that with gold now, not elixir as well
Ark03
AG
quote:
second DE drill available at TH8, one available at TH7

However, if you were going pink to purple walls, you can only do that with gold now, not elixir as well
Purple to black is also gold only again - that's irritating.

I'm glad a used a year's worth of farmed gems for that 5th builder now - it's finally coming in handy.
Phat32
AG
I'm glad they took away the elixir wall thing- puts more elixir back in people's stashes and weakens their walls. Raiding!
gig them
AG
Clan at 12 members, looking to bump to 15. There are sadly a few techsters in the bunch, but we win a majority of our wars so I let it slide.

#2YPL9VLO (Regulators!!!)
AggieWife2008
S
Howdy!

Our clan has grown a bunch and is more established! We still war every friday but have also added an optional second war every Tuesday for people that want to go to war more often. Participation in war or atleast opting out is a must! We have 38 members now! Our clan tag is LGUOCGV and again the name is Aggie Spirit.
LE_Funt
LE_Funt
AG
"Aggie Spirit" (#LGUOCGV) is looking for some fresh blood. We're up to a level 6 clan with 31 members and war once or twice a week, but are looking for some fairly active new members to change things up a bit. Be sure to mention something A&M related in your request to join. Gig'em.
LE_Funt
AG
ttt
Furious Styles
Tried to join you but only around 1450 medals. Ysheva is my in game name and working to get 1600
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.