CoD: AW

33,661 Views | 316 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by MW03
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Someone gonna make an official Thread on this soon? T minus one month. Haven't seen one on here. Pretty pumped for the game.
agfan2013
AG
Heard its on pace to sell 3 million fewer copies than Ghosts. Are gamers finally getting smarter? Probably not, but good news.
HossAg
AG
Advanced warfare is going to be amazing.
HossAg
AG
The reason it's gonna sell 3 million fewer is because there aren't as many new console owners, and a lot of people won't buy it for old gen. You can't compare this game to Ghosts at all
mid90
AG
quote:
The reason it's gonna sell 3 million fewer is because gamers are tired of buying the same COD game every year.

FIFY
agfan2013
AG
quote:
quote:
The reason it's gonna sell 3 million fewer is because gamers are tired of buying the same COD game every year.

FIFY
HossAg
AG
You haven't looked much at this upcoming cod then. Also, I loved bf4, but for one, it was a step down from bf3, and second, it was way too similar. I don't know if that's the game you're backing or not, and I also don't know why people always think that call of duty needs drastic change. It's getting some major changes, but I wouldn't like it if they changed completely. That's what makes it cod. Inb4codfanboy.
mid90
AG
I really liked COD 4. I LOVED COD MW2.

Then they lost me with MW3. It's not that it wasn't fun, but there was absolutely no reason or desire for me to spend $60 to buy a re-packaging of MW2 with new maps and a couple new guns.

COD Ghosts looked cool, but again, after watching some gameplay it didn't look that different and I never felt a desire to play it.

Getting Kevin Spacey to be the bad guy for AW was an awesome move. I'll probably watch all the cutscenes just for that. But as someone who was burned out on COD a while ago, it's going to take more than including some advanced gadgets in the game to get me back on board.
dfphotos
MW2 was the best in the series.
HossAg
AG
Black ops 2 was the best. The way the pros who have played AW are talking about it, I think AW could be the best. Nade said that he was going to have to basically re-learn the game for this one because it's the most different of the series. Ghosts pretty much sucked.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
waiting for this

LE_Funt
AG
You got a long wait for that one.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Here's to hoping it is in fact a great one and sets itself apart (for positive reasons).

Madmarttigan
AG
BF4 and Ghosts were underwhelming (BF4 felt like an exact copy of BF3) so I look forward to seeing what Advanced Warfare is like this season. I was mildly excited about the Halo rerelease, but honestly I loved MW1 and 2 more than I ever did Halo.
HossAg
AG
Just watched a video by some pro players from team nV. The pros literally hate ghosts, and these guys just said that advanced warfare is the most fun cod they've ever played. That's saying something for people who don't want to play cod more than they have to (stressful league matches and having to put in hours and hours of streaming), and who have played every cod religiously. I'm pretty pumped for this release.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
T&P for that old game Titanfall which has fallen off the face of the planet.
HossAg
AG
That game was a let down. Just didn't feel polished. The concept just didn't really work for me, and aiming and shooting was wonky.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Titanfall is a great concept game. I had a lotta fun from time to time, just not the same lasting power as a MW game. Hoss, those little nuggets better not get my hopes up only to be dissatisfied when the game comes out!
HossAg
AG
Lol, I hope not too. Look up some videos from Nadeshot or Merk if you'd like. They've played the game and made videos expressing their opinion. Typically, if a game is a good competitive game, it's a good overall game. They seem to think it's both. Black ops 2 was the best competitive game, and it was also widely considered the best cod game ever.

There's aspects to competitive games that make the game good and less frustrating for pubs as well: balanced guns, moderate recoil, 3 lane maps, spawns that are dictated by map control, etc. Except for the spawns, which can be fixed, we are seeing all of these things. The game is also colorful and inviting like blops 2.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
quote:

FIFY

This is exactly why I'm not buying it.

Just so it doesn't come across like I'm just a hater and on here to *****, I really do hope this one is good. But this time I'm not buying it right out of the gates. Gonna read a lot of reviews and wait for the general public reaction.
19 inch cobra
Modern Warfare was a cool rejuvenation of the series and a fun new multiplayer format, and it was also an awesome single player experience. Modern Warfare 2 refined everything from MW and had another great single player campaign plus a fun multiplayer coop mode. On that note, I also enjoyed World at War quite a bit.

Black Ops was lame. Modern Warfare 3 sucked. Black Ops 2 was lame. Ghosts is just a terrible, terrible, buggy, glitchy, unbalanced piece of garbage. I bought Black Ops 1 and 2 and MW3 late, so I didn't pay full price for any of them.

COD Ghosts I bought on release day because a bunch of my friends wanted to preorder it and get the season pass. So we all spent like $100 on it.....terrible decision. I will never buy a game on release day again, and I will not buy a COD game again until they stop making recycled ****.

I'm glad people are finally getting tired of their garbage.
k20dub
AG
Titanfall was sweet. I still play that. Not sure what yall are talking about.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I would still play TF but my xbox live annual ran out this past weekend. Figured I'd just wait until I got CoD: AW to re up it to maximize on that expense. Wasn't playing but once every other week and TF is currently my only game.

Thanks for the info fellas, I will check out those reviews/previews later.
Raggy09
AG
I'm excited for it. Ghosts was decent but felt like just another game. Blops 1 and 2 were very good along with MW 1 and 2. Hopefully the three year dev cycle will payoff.
HossAg
AG

Pro player's thoughts on the game.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Thanks for the link.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Soooo after watching some of that review....Seems like AW is getting "jumpy-ish" to the liking of Halo and TF. Am I correct with this exosuit stuff??
spieg12
AG
Yes but it's very quick movements as opposed to halo or destiny. TF has some quick movement but that's more parkour kind of stuff which is not really in AW.
HossAg
AG
Yep, it adds another skill dynamic to the game. Better exo suit users are able to get quicker map control and win gunfights more often. It'll be great for competitive. And yes, its very quick movements.
Cappo
AG
I really find it hard to believe that this could be WORSE than Ghosts, so I will be giving it a shot when it launches. There has actually been some good buzz around it worth checking out
HossAg
AG
Nothing will ever be worst than ghosts. Unless iw just completely ignores the community over the next three years. We know treyarch will be good, and sledgehammer looks good. Also, iw can make a solid playing game, we have seen that before. They just need to add those mechanics to a game that plays more like black ops 2 or advanced warfare. In fact, I'd say that mw2 had the smoothest feeling gameplay of any cod, they just need to get back to that.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Commercials starting to ramp up here. Seemed like an extended one last night during the Cowboys MNF game.
19 inch cobra
Based on what I've seen so far, I think I'll be skipping this. I'm just getting really tired of the ridiculously fast-paced, frantic absurdity. I'll be going back to Halo for the first time since 2008 for some slower-paced, strategic gameplay.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
Based on what I've seen so far, I think I'll be skipping this. I'm just getting really tired of the ridiculously fast-paced, frantic absurdity.

^This. Add in the hypothetical enhanced movements due to the armor (or whatever its called), and IMO this franchise has lost its way from what made it great in the past.
HossAg
AG
Just watched OpTic gaming do an exclusive stream of competitive 4v4, and I gotta say, this game looks incredible. So visually pleasing, so many new dynamics and things to consider. They were literally in love with the game, and that was definitely not the case in Ghosts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.