HIgh-resolution video surveillance

556 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by pnut02
wee_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a high-res system to monitor property and driveway that will be good enough quality to zoom into license plates of passing and parked vehicles.

I don't know anything about these systems and would prefer wireless because this will be away from my house, but I've heard wireless has some issues. I could bury a line if needed. No budget, just curious about options.
aggiez03
AG
I have the Hikvision ds-2cd2032 3mp ir bullet which is a 3 MP camera.
Checkout networkcameracritic.com

He reviews a ton of cameras on there.

I have two 4mm cameras and one 12mm camera for the driveway that really zooms in.

On the hikvisions, you want to buy from a company selling the US version as there are a ton of companies selling the Chinese version. US version has English menus and a 3 year warranty. The chinese version has chinese text in some parts and I think a 90 day warranty.

Even some of the companies on Amazon sell the Chinese version and don' tell you. I got 2 of mine from Nelly's security out of Oklahoma, they only sell the US version. Nelly's used to be on Amazon, not sure if they still are. I set up an account through work with a national reseller in order to buy the 12mm as you can't find it anywhere. Not sure why. Luckily the reseller was in a line of business that I deal with. Many of the national resellers are security companies and only sell to State registered alarm companies.

Post if you have ? and I will try and follow up.

Cameras about $165 - 180, wired only, and are not PTZ (you can't zoom in and control the camera). They have some of those as well, but they will probably be $350+ for outdoor bullet.

aggiez
pnut02
AG
Read this
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.