Dead Samsung Plasma

433 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Barry Kripke
Erac_AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last night, my TV suddenly would not turn on. Standby light would blink 5 times, which I believe means a power supply issue. About a week ago, I noticed a small crack in the screen, likely from an object thrown by one of the kids.

Until yesterday the TV worked fine with no ill effects from the crack. The crack was very difficult to see. When the TV would not power on I removed the back panel to take a look inside. I did not notice any bulging or discolored capacitors, excessive dust buildup or anything else out of the ordinary. I haven't had a chance to check the panels with a multimeter see if the tv is getting the proper voltages.

Could the problem be related to the crack in the screen? If so, is it time to toss the TV to the curb?

If the problem is with one of the boards or the power supply, is this something I might be able to fix myself? I don't mind giving it a shot as long as it doesn't require crazy skills or special tools.

Model is PN51D8000 (2011 I believe)

Barry Kripke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Similar thing happened to my panny. Ended up being the ss board. Got one off eBay for $50. Easy to replace.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.