AV out/in

308 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LostAg
SquareOne07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We got directv at our new house today and the older tv we got that I mounted outside does not have an hdmi input, but the smaller receiver we got with directv has an "av out" slot...would this be a suitable substitute for and hdmi or av component cable?
AtlAg05
AG
The AV out, is it RCA (red,white,yellow)? Since you don't have HDMI, that would be what you need to connect
SpicewoodAg
AG
If it is what AtlAg05 asked about - yes that will send video and audio to the new TV. The yellow connector carry the video. That is called a "composite" video signal and it is analog.

I assume that TV is high definition and it probably has "component" (red/green/blue) video connections (the standard for HD before DVI and HDMI). Composite video is not HD. It is an analog signal and will look noticeably worse than HDMI or component connections.
bmc13
AG
I have an av out cord that goes to one of the smaller directv receivers and it has component video up to 1080i capability. I had to buy that cord separately though. look on eBay for component and the model number of receiver you have.
LostAg
If you have a client receiver "mini genie" in that room you need a 10-pin/ component or 10-pin/ composite cable...If it's a regular HD receiver "H24" or "H25" the standard yellow red white composite "RCA" cables will do
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.