*****OFFICIAL FIFA 15 THREAD*****

915 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by hmiles619
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody else get it today? I'm getting it on my way home from work today
Unemployed
AG
Mine is being delivered today.
Mr Gigem
AG
Do you have if our pros from the 2014 Pro Clubs will be transferred over? Or will we have to create new pros?
datrixstunna
AG
I had preordered it on the XBone, so it has already been downloaded and installed. i will get to check it out tonight.
benMath08
AG
First FIFA game I've owned. Played the online mode some today, most games were close except for the first guy who demolished me. The last game I played I won 5-1 though, boy was that satisfying. I'm pretty sure I suck though, he just sucked more. Still, it guaranteed me "promotion" into the next division, which I guess is just their way of doing matchmaking?

trainRiderJ on PS4
phillyag92
AG
Got it earlier today for PS4. Still haven't removed the plastic wrap.

psn: cacdaddy
Kampfers
AG
XB1 - Kampfers

I'll start the pro club sometime this week and send last year's group invites. If you are new and want to play, just let me know your name (ideally by sending a friend request on XBL)
datrixstunna
AG
Just played it. I have to say that it is pretty disappointing. There is no concept of defense, since the best way to score it to get it to your fastest player and he will blow by all your defenders.

I kept my defenders at perfect positioning and kept trying to make a tackle but the striker would just blow by.

Looks like they are really favoring the new players, no need for passing it dribbling. Just boot it long to your fastest striker.

This franchise gets worse with every iteration.
Rock Ag
AG
Really enjoying it so far. Was able to play a couple days early with ea access. Starting to piece my ultimate team together but willing to play other people and do clubs.

Xbone: German Kunst
Mr Gigem
AG
Xbone: IMAcciden7Prone
benMath08
AG
What's the best FIFA forum/community out there?
Texags is garbage
I'll have to wait a month or two on Fifa 15 this year. The tailgate/duck hunting/fishing expenses has dipped into my video game funds. Looking forward to the reviews of the game for now though
Thunder18
AG
Ill have it in a few days...I mainly play the FUT but Ill make a pro and play with the Texags crew for online pro

XB1: DrFishfingers18
light_bulb
AG
I have it for PS4: Transient_Sun

Played a few matches yesterday on FUT and definitely enjoying it so far.

I think it is a huge improvement upon FIFA 14. The physics is much more realistic,
overhead through balls are no longer as easy to execute, and crossing/heading is
a bit more difficult now. At first, defending was extremely difficult, but I found it
to be an easy enough learning curve.
benMath08
AG
Played some more matches and got my ass handed to me four times in a row. Other people are just way better at defending than I am, I can't juke them to save my life and every time I pass it some guy comes in like a bullet and takes it away from me. Matchmaking could probably be a little kinder.
datrixstunna
AG
quote:
At first, defending was extremely difficult, but I found it
to be an easy enough learning curve.

Would you like to pass on the secret?
light_bulb
AG
I think this game all comes down to patience. The days of trying to rush the ball carrier and double team holding r1 are over. You have to be willing to play well off the opponent and let them make their moves. If you are patient enough, you will find a time to easily dispossess the opponent.

Also, right now it is really hard to play against someone who has bought a ton of fifa points and is stacked with the best players in the game. If they have a couple of 86+ pace players it can be hard to defend. That will balance out once the playing field equals out.

If you want to avoid crazy mismatches, don't play ultimate team at all. You will keep a lot of your sanity that way.

Edit after playing a bit more:

3 bare minimum keys to success when defending:

1. Keep your fingers off the sprint trigger unless your player has been completely beaten and needs to catch up to the your opponent. This will save you a ton of mistakes. Overrunning the person with the ball will end nasty every single time.

2. Initially, do not pressure the ball carrier. Keep a fair distance between you and the ball. Track backwards while he is running at you.

3. You must make challenges for the ball at the perfect times. If he is keeping his dribble close to his body, you will most likely get burnt if you try to run up and dispossess. You need to watch where the ball is with relation to his foot and pounce on mistakes in ball handling.

Sprinting on offense or defense can get you in lots of trouble. First touch of the ball is key, and when the your first touch uses sprint you open yourself up to be dispossessed since the ball will be a lot further from your body. If you sprint on defense you will 9 times out of 10 overrun the opponent and get burnt. If you utilize sprint less often, then think how much more surprised your opponent will be when you decide to make a sprint down the wings.

Also, it is better to filter your opponent to the wings. Things go to hell when you allow your opponent to turn inside with the ball. Thus, I usually position my player in a way that forces him to beat me from the wings which is much more difficult to do.
Aggie_3
Did they invclude true champions league in this years version
light_bulb
AG
Yes, I believe they did. At least that is what I have read online.
Cabtex
AG
quote:
1. Keep your fingers off the sprint trigger unless your player has been completely beaten and needs to catch up to the your opponent. This will save you a ton of mistakes. Overrunning the person with the ball will end nasty every single time.

2. Initially, do not pressure the ball carrier. Keep a fair distance between you and the ball. Track backwards while he is running at you.

3. You must make challenges for the ball at the perfect times. If he is keeping his dribble close to his body, you will most likely get burnt if you try to run up and dispossess. You need to watch where the ball is with relation to his foot and pounce on mistakes in ball handling.

Sprinting on offense or defense can get you in lots of trouble. First touch of the ball is key, and when the your first touch uses sprint you open yourself up to be dispossessed since the ball will be a lot further from your body. If you sprint on defense you will 9 times out of 10 overrun the opponent and get burnt. If you utilize sprint less often, then think how much more surprised your opponent will be when you decide to make a sprint down the wings.

Also, it is better to filter your opponent to the wings. Things go to hell when you allow your opponent to turn inside with the ball. Thus, I usually position my player in a way that forces him to beat me from the wings which is much more difficult to do.

So it's closer to real soccer now. Not just getting the fastest person on the field and trying to run past ppl or swinging the ball out wide and hitting header after header.
light_bulb
AG
Yes, the game feels more like real life.

Right now, you will still have some moments where a really fast player just runs by everybody without being touched. However, the few times that has happened to me, I know for fact it was my fault for allowing it to happen. It also doesn't help that my controller is broken and my sprint button only works 3/4 the time and that other 1/4 tends to be when I need it most.

Heading is very hit or miss. I had one game where I put in 4 goals on headers, but the difference is 3 of those headers were truly unstoppable. In Fifa 14, if you got your head on the ball cleanly, it was 9 times out of 10 going in even if it was right at the keeper. In other games, I have had to rely on other means of scoring because headers were just not happening.

Right now, I'm floating around Division 7 in Ultimate team. I'm having to learn how to play consistent defense which is what is holding me back. Losing a lot of 1 goal games and drawing some games that I should be winning.
capital markets
AG
How is everyone liking it after a few days? Considering getting it but still on the fence. In prior versions I mainly play online seasons or ultimate club.
Mr Gigem
AG
I love it
Terk
AG
I LOVE it, but I really really suck so far... getting killed, but learning and getting better!
Mr Gigem
AG
^ were you the one I murdered to the tune of 8-0 the other day? lol
benMath08
AG
My first online "season" went pretty well, about .500 and won promotion to Division 9.

I did not win a single game in Division 9. That is, I was winning one game 3-1 in the second half, but my opponent quit and the server decided not to give me any credit for the match.

I'm not very good at defending, but I'm getting better. A lot of people complain about various gameplay "quirks" or outright bugs but honestly I don't have a problem with any of that. My main problem is the matchmaking. Forcing everyone to start at division 10 and go up through the divisions is either a terrible idea, or just terrible at release. All I know is I got ripped a new butthole over and over and it really made me not like the game as much.

So then I tried the Ultimate Team mode and I'm hooked. I started playing the computer again just to try to learn defensive positioning and the basic mechanics of the game a little better. I'll probably work myself back into FUT online seasons at some point. It's really a great game, it's just that with such a steep learning curve the matchmaking could be a lot kinder.
hmiles619
AG
If you guys are getting a ProClub together, add me on XB1 - photoAg
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.