Dragon Age: Inquisition

39,328 Views | 352 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Icecream_Ag
joemeister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haven't seen much talk about this game on here. I think it's the game I've anticipated the most since SWTOR (hopefully I'm not as disappointed by the end product).

A few weeks ago they announced the game will have a multiplayer aspect. Think Mass Effect 3 MP as a dungeon crawler. They were very clear about pointing out that the MP aspect of the game will have no affect on the single player campaign, as that was one of the loudest complaints about ME3. They have also said all MP DLC will be free (same as ME3). From everything I've read about ME3, they made a ton of money off the MP simple because people bought bioware credits to purchase loot boxes (similar to the boxes in BF4 for those that are unfamiliar with how ME3 worked). As somebody that has played a ton of the ME3 MP, I never felt like I was handicapped because I didn't spend cash on loot boxes, as the better you got at the game, the easier it was to earn in-game credits to spend. They are also adding a salvage/crafting system to the MP to remove some of the RNG aspects of the loot system.

A few comments I've heard/read about the single player campaign: because of the age of Origins and DA2 (along with cross-platform issues), rather than just simply uploading an older saved game file, they have created a website called the "Keep" which is essentially a fancy saved game editor. The video they released about the Keep made it look like a great feature. DAO is a very long game if you play to completion, so the Keep will allow you to create custom game states so you can see the effects of different choices that you knew existed but didn't take the time to replay. In their presentation at the latest PAX event, the Bioware dev said that their beta players that are specifically testing the full completion have over 100 hours in the game with content left to be played.

Combat wise, the videos show a mix between DAO style tactical combat and the action combat from DA2.

Here are a few videos:

Single Player Game Play

Official MP Trailer

Game Informer MP Preview

The game releases November 17. I have already pre-ordered for PC. My origin name is ThnickaMan if anybody is interested in grouping up for some MP after the game releases.
Absolute
AG
I am looking forward to it. Though I am not sure if I even have my old saved games anymore. I think I recall not worrying about it since it did not make much difference going from 1 to 2.

I liked ME3 MP. Not sure how that would translate to dungeons.
bigbass1170
AG
This is easily my most anticipated game this fall and everything they've shown looks great so far. Can't wait.

I've got my preorder in on Xbone. My GT is b1gbass1170 for the multiplayer if anyone else is getting it.
bbattbq01
AG
Glad to hear about save game editor... Tried to play da2 and just couldn't get very far. Origins still one of my favorite PC games ever.
Tex117
AG
This is my most anticipated game for this fall.
BQwolf05
AG
Have mine pre-ordered as well. Went back through and beat DAO (again) and DA2 recently just to have the save games for this.
Icecream_Ag
S
My computer died, now I can get da to load
bigbass1170
AG
Dragon Age Keep is now in open beta. Also, any world states you create on the Keep as of yesterday are Inquisition ready.

Less than three weeks away!
Saxsoon
AG
Didn't finish Dragon age 2 but glanced through some areas and changed a few things and kept others the same.
Icecream_Ag
S
guess I'll have to find my password and set everything up finally.

still pissed I couldnt get DA to load on my new computer.
JJxvi
AG
Currently playing DA2 which I had skipped. They plan on going back to the old Origins tactical combat right?
JJxvi
AG
quote:

What do you mean it wouldn't load?
bigbass1170
AG
quote:
Currently playing DA2 which I had skipped. They plan on going back to the old Origins tactical combat right?

You should be able to either if I remember correctly.
JJxvi
AG
DA2 is too arcade.
Saxsoon
AG
Combat will be closer to DA because they are returning the command wheel
JJxvi
AG
Will they bring back positioning (ie tactical backstabs, not activated) and area of effect with friendly fire on lower difficulty levels?
bigbass1170
AG
I'm not sure about that. The tactical camera is definitely back though.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:

What do you mean it wouldn't load?
dont remember the error now (will try again after dinner) but basically it would download from amazon, then would error out when trying to actually install the game.
JJxvi
AG
Ah. I was going to say if you had a disk that wasn't working you could load the serial number in origin and download that way. If Amazon gave it to you you could try that too.
Icecream_Ag
S
I forgot that my old ea account went psycho so I had to create a new one.

I've made a very simple process so freaking hard.

If I ever get the game switched to my new account I'll try setting it up through Origin. I may get this loaded in time to play after beating DA:I.
wangus12
AG

So ready for this game.
tremble
AG
I loved DAO but was pretty disappointed in DA2. I thought the story was horrific in the final act and was really just setting up pieces for Inquisition.

Hopefully the extra time in helped out.
Saxsoon
AG
This game is going to have the greatest dialogue of all time. From the esrb ratings board

"The game includes some sexual material: a female character briefly depicted in front of a man's torso (fellatio is implied); characters depicted topless or with exposed buttocks while lying in bed or after sex; some dialogue referencing sex/sexuality (e.g., "'I will bring myself sexual pleasure later, while thinking about this with great respect'" and "The way your t*ts bounce when I pin your arms and take you on the side of the bed")."
Icecream_Ag
S
Neither of the first two were really clean (usable brothels anyone) but none of the banter really got that "obscene". This should be interesting.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Ah. I was going to say if you had a disk that wasn't working you could load the serial number in origin and download that way. If Amazon gave it to you you could try that too.
was able to get it loaded with Origin. Just required some long chats with ea support.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Neither of the first two were really clean (usable brothels anyone) but none of the banter really got that "obscene". This should be interesting.
Obscene, this is hilarious . . . "'I will bring myself sexual pleasure later, while thinking about this with great respect'"
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:
Obscene, this is hilarious . . . "'I will bring myself sexual pleasure later, while thinking about this with great respect'"
it is hilarious, doesn't mean its not obscene.
MGS
Time-limited demo now available for EA Access subscribers.
bearamedic99
AG
I cannot wait to hear if this game favors the Origins or the sequel. Please someone post impressions ASAP.
tremble
AG
Polygon had a quick overview video of the game and they were raving about it. The video shows off in-game playing and looks great. I'm super pumped for this to come out.
bigbass1170
AG
Reviews have been extremely positive so far. Can't wait!
iceman08
AG
I want to get the game just to listen to the dialogue now
Saxsoon
AG
I will remember this dialogue to think about later with great respect.

I have heard fantastic things about the dialogue of the game. Really excited to get back into a magic based RPG. I can finally play a mage again. Warlock in Destiny does not cut it.
Tomdoss92
AG
can't help but picture this guy with that dialogue.

except more like... COVER YOUR EYES BOO!!!
tremble
AG
Preloaded, pumped.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.