***Official Forza Horizon 2 Thread***

1,608 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Kampfers
OldArmy07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Two weeks from release (9/30). Time for an official thread!

The demo is available now on XB1. Allows you to do 2-3 races, free roam, and (gasp) ONLINE FREE ROAM. Gameplay is very smooth, and I think it will be a good alternative to the more hardcore Forza 5 gameplay.

Three versions of the game available to purchase/preorder:

Standard - Game + Preorder Cars
Deluxe - Game + Preorder Cars + VIP Cars
Ultimate- Game + Preorder Cars + VIP Cars + 30 DLC Cars over the next 6 months

Reply to this post with your gamertag if you'll be picking this up and I'll start a list in the first post.

XB1:
ScottAPerk
Kampfers
Xiuhcoatyl
JeffersonWalker
TonsterPS
Kampfers
AG
Count me in. Didn't play the demo yesterday but expect to put a race or two in tonight. Can't wait to see the dynamic weather in action.
OldArmy07
AG
The in car view with windshield wipers going at night is pretty cool. Great looking game.
Kampfers
AG
Just did the rally championship. Holy crap. Awesome.
OldArmy07
AG
Looks like I underestimated the excitement for this game by starting a thread 2 weeks before release. I'll bump it next week.
OldArmy07
AG
Bump for 1 week to go.
Xiuh
Have been going back and forth on getting this, but i have been waiting for a good racing type game so will probably downloading it before next week. Xb1 Xiuhcoatyl
CrottyKid
AG
Tried the demo yesterday. As an avid NFS Rivals player, this game looks WAY better. I loved TDU on 360 and this game seems to have a lot of the same features. I do wish that there were cops that would give chase like on TDU and houses you could buy to store your cars in like TDU, but I suppose not everyone liked that stuff.

I wish the demo included trucks and suvs.
OldArmy07
AG
I believe the crew is a spiritual successor to TDU. A little bit more "arcadey" than FH2, and with a much larger map and cops.
Xiuh
So I played last night after midnight, it took an extra hour to finally unlock. It looks beautiful and I forgot how to drive apparently haha. Good times and can't wait to explore the countryside.
TonsterPS
AG
Just picked it up for XB1.

XBL - TonsterPS

Let's get it on!! Also, since I couldn't decide between the 2, I also picked up Shadow of Mordor. Just shoot me a note/request if you wanna race.
Kampfers
AG
Yeah, we definitely need to get an online road trip going this week.
TonsterPS
AG
I haven't unlocked it yet, but we should get a car club started asap.

I am doing the Sisteron championship now, so I think it unlocks soon after this. Was a bit surprised that none of my friends (mostly Texags) were playing last night...
JeffAggie2012
AG
Finally caved in a got it on XB1. I loved the last one but wasn't sure if I was ready to drop $60.00 on the new one. After playing the demo I was hooked.

XBL is: JeffersonWalker
OldArmy07
AG
OP updated.

Tonster - You're just about the only person that's showing up that has this on my friends list. I know others are playing, but your records are the only that show for me when I drive on a new road or hit an XP board.

Really enjoying this game so far. It's going to take some time to figure out a good tuning/upgrade setup to make cars handle well enough on and off road for the same championship series.
TonsterPS
AG
Sweet! Shoot me an invite if you want to cruise/race/whatever else one does...

I created a club.

Name: Texas A&M Aggies CC
Tag: GIGM (WRTS was already taken...)

Join up if you can! It's open to the public.
Kampfers
AG
Just beat Nice. Also dropped some coin on virtually my real car (2013 Toyota GT 86). Even more slidey than it was in FM5 (the whole game is really) so its a ton of fun to drive.

If you guys are online tonight, we could do a road trip.
OldArmy07
AG
Fun times yesterday. More people need to pick this game up...
TonsterPS
AG
Agreed! Giant road trips/races with a bunch of Ags would be awesome.
Kampfers
AG
Yeah, it was a blast. Even if we didn't necessarily challenge the top of the leader board, we were still quite competitive in relation to each other.

We ought to test out the online free roam too, specifically the co-op bucket list
Pman17
AG
Add me!

Darth Pman
OldArmy07
AG
We may need to start moderating the car club. Seems to be a bunch of randoms joining lately.
Xiuh
Yeah I commented on that to Tonster after our last big rally. It was funny but now a little bit weird how many are joining.
Kampfers
AG
Yeah. On one hand its weird. On the other it doesn't really matter because it doesn't really affect us other than it pushes us up the club leaderboards.

I don't care what we do about it, in the end it doesn't stop us from racing together and earning club XP.
LPHA
AG
I'm one of the randoms.

Tiny Pumpkins
irock2513
AG
I hopped in last week...

im zach morris
TonsterPS
AG
Yea wow. 155+ members now! Was not expecting that.

If we need to start moderating at some point, that's not a problem.
TonsterPS
AG
Also, for some of those 'randoms' that joined, add some of us as XBL friends so we can join up and do stuff in-game.
OldArmy07
AG
Dang, 155?!?! It was around 30 when I last played on Saturday night. The only downside I can see of a large club is that we'll always have red notification text in the menu, but I can live with that!
Kampfers
AG
I think people are just joining it as the default "A&M" club. I noticed a friend of mine joined, and he doesn't use Texags at all.
TonsterPS
AG
I figured that by making it the "Texas A&M Aggies Car Club" or whatever I called it, it would attract anyone that searches for any of those key words, which is a good thing! It'd be great to be able to minimize the randoms that join just because it is at the top of their 'recommended' list and have no affiliation with A&M at all.
Kampfers
AG
Road trip tonight around 8-8:30 central?
Kampfers
AG
Major DLC dropping - Storm Island

Looks interesting. I need to refigure my budget but I will probably end up with this eventually. The game is just plain fun.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.