Anyone here camping out or going early this Friday for the iPhone 6?

4,533 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Pro Ag
nguyenning
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder how packed all the Apple stores and carrier stores will be this Friday before 6am... I've never really tried on launch day for any iPhone.

In before this becomes a mobile fanboy war. Just wondering if anyone here has done the whole launch day iPhone fiasco before... is it really that bad?
Token
AG
don't listen to the haters. There were quite a few posters who went early morning for HTC evo, samsung galaxy and other phones when they first came out.
HossAg
AG
If you want a spot, you'll probably have to get there Thursday morning.
Picard
AG
Have fun with that. I'm going to sleep in and let UPS deliver my preordered phone around 10am.

SpicewoodAg
AG
I wouldn't camp out to buy anything other than tickets to a national championship game with the Ags in it.

I still can't fathom that people will do this for a consumer product. I have 1000 better things to do with my time than that.
fire09
AG
Standing in line for two year old technology.
TefIon Don
AG
quote:
Standing in line for two year old technology.
cav14
Anyone who stands in line that long for something that they can easily get later is stupid. Doesn't matter if its apple or any other product. I mean you really have nothing else better to do when you can easily get the same exact product a short time afterwards? Have fun standing in line though.
Elephant
AG
In 2008 or 2009 I stood in line with my roommate outside a Cincinnati mall for the 3GS which was my first smart phone. My roommate was all into it and I figured why not. Started around 0300. Now a days 0300 wouldn't get you a phone. I always wait now for several weeks before buying one in the store. Besides, I still can't decide which one I want
nguyenning
AG
If I were to wait in line for a few hours, I'd definitely be buying 2 so I could flip the other one and make $100-$200 profit for my time spent in line lol

I think the 6+ will easily be flipped for a few hundred to some idiot who wants it NOW but didn't want to wait in lines or pre-order at 3am last Friday.
Pman17
AG
What's worse, waking up early and standing in line for an iPhone with people you may not enjoy being around and missing work or waiting till 2:00 AM to pre-order with a guarantee 9/19 release and still going to work but tired. I'd say pre-ordering was worth it. I've waited in line for the 3G, unpleasant for me and they ran out by the time I got to the door.
Born N Bred Ag
AG
Talked with an AT&T guy about people who camp out last week.. Said last year for the 5s there was people there the day before at 5pm and by time they opened the store it was wrapped completely around the block (Store in Bryan). He said if you wanna a phone this year either camp out all night or get there at midnight and hang out until they open. I said no thanks ill just wait for it then was lucky and got on apple website and was able to order one. Gonna be here Friday!
boboguitar
AG
I won't be camping out and I'll wait till closer to xmas time but looking at the apple website, it's good to know I can get $205 for my current phone to trade-in with.

I'll be looking to get a 6 plus because of that.
SpicewoodAg
AG
quote:
If I were to wait in line for a few hours, I'd definitely be buying 2 so I could flip the other one and make $100-$200 profit for my time spent in line lol

I think the 6+ will easily be flipped for a few hundred to some idiot who wants it NOW but didn't want to wait in lines or pre-order at 3am last Friday.

My time spent waiting hours and hours in line is worth way more than $100-$200.
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
I have 1000 better things to do with my time than that.

Right. That's why I pay someone to do it for me!
irock2513
AG
quote:
Have fun with that. I'm going to sleep in and let UPS deliver my preordered phone around 10am.

this
Bregxit
AG
quote:
Talked with an AT&T guy about people who camp out last week.. Said last year for the 5s there was people there the day before at 5pm and by time they opened the store it was wrapped completely around the block (Store in Bryan). He said if you wanna a phone this year either camp out all night or get there at midnight and hang out until they open. I said no thanks ill just wait for it then was lucky and got on apple website and was able to order one. Gonna be here Friday!

When the 5S came out I showed up at my Verizon store at 7:50am. It opened at 8:00am. I was out of there with two phones by 8:20am.
k20dub
AG
Got mine shipped and delivered scheduled for Friday. I would get there early if waiting in line. Good luck!
bmc13
AG
for the 5S last year I showed up to my local apple store at around 3 in the afternoon, got in line, ordered my phone for store pickup with my phone, and then got ushered to the front of the line once I got my confirmation email.
One Nine
quote:
I wouldn't camp out to buy anything other than tickets to a national championship game with the Ags in it.

I still can't fathom that people will do this for a consumer product. I have 1000 better things to do with my time than that.

Like judge people on an internet message board?
91AggieLawyer
AG
I am very unimpressed with IOS8. I've installed it on my iPad and honestly haven't noticed much, if any, change. Tabs in Safari work different. I hear you can download other keyboards. Is there anything else??

As of now, I'm not putting it on my iPhone and am not in a hurry to get a 6.
Seven11
AG
I don't understand this either. I pre-ordered mine around 7:00 AM on Friday morning and it will be delivered tomorrow. No need to wake up in the middle of the night or spend hours in line.
SpicewoodAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Like judge people on an internet message board?

Exactly. But it takes just 30 seconds instead of an overnight stay!
videoag98
AG
My 6 is still sitting on a UPS jet on the tarmac at Lewisville,KY. Was supposed to take off two hours ago, but thanks to the sheety Houston weather it has been delayed.
nguyenning
AG
My damn 6 Plus that I ordered at 5am on Friday is still sitting in this stage

Phat32
AG
My only reasoning for people camping out is that they are paying cash. Why else would you do that if you can pre-order?
CDub06
AG
Got here a little before 6:00. Couldn't preorder due to issues on my corporate account. Didn't plan on waiting in line until my phone crapped out this weekend.

There are reasons to wait in line...

There are people that have been here all night for the 6+ that do this every year. There are 9 6+s here, one of which is a 128gb
Post removed:
by user
Unemployed
AG
quote:
I'm still using my 2-year old SGS 3 and I feel like I've probably got a better phone than the people waiting in line today.

Well, good for you. Don't break your hand trying to pat yourself on the back now.
HossAg
AG
quote:
I'm still using my 2-year old SGS 3 and I feel like I've probably got a better phone than the people waiting in line today.

No, you don't. Samsung sucks
millertyme
AG
quote:

POW
AG
Posting from my iPhone 6.

I was still on a 4s that I had since November 2011. It was so cracked front and back I could barely see half the screen, home button barely worked, could see half the internal parts through cracked screen, speakers didn't work, camera froze often & flash/flashlight didn't work, wife dropped it in a cup of water this weekend, & it shut off for about 10 hrs (no display at least) & then came back on & screen is a little blotchy. Needless to say I desperately needed a new phone.

Outside of the camera freezing up and the physical damage to the phone, it still worked pretty good. I drove by the Verizon store this morning (pulled up about 8:15am) that was next to my office & the line didn't seem that long so I figured I'd check it out. I got number 30 & at the time they had just called #17. I waited about 30 minutes probably. Went in asked for a black 64gb iPhone 6 (don't want the plus) & was out of the store in about 15 minutes.

Overall was a pleasant experience.
One Nine
quote:

This actually crossed your mind?
lawless89
I'm up in Dallas for the game tomorrow and I had already pre-ordered the 6 and it was scheduled to be shipped Oct. 20. Decided to cancel the pre-order and attempt to wait in line somewhere in Dallas...if I didn't get it..oh well..don't mind waiting.

Well I just found a random Verizon store in Ft. Worth (Hurst, Texas actually) and got there at about 5:30 am...three people were in line. So I got the 6 no problem.

The 6 plus is WAYY too big IMO and I'm 6 foot 5 and have pretty big hands.

And I may have been the first person to "return" an iphone 6.

Walked out the store at 8:03am with my new iphone...went across the street to starbucks and just happened to notice the dude sold me the 16gb when I asked for the 64gb.

Went back across the street and they had to exchange it and manager said they would have to "burn" the 16gb...so by 8:13am I had returned the Iphone 6 16gb and got the one I was supposed to get.

All in all...I really like it.
Not Hotdog 03
AG
A c-level exec from our company had guys that pull in ~70k/yr waiting in line in shifts to get them for his family. Not the first time
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.