iPhone pre-order threat - 9/12 @ 12AM PT

14,712 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by schmendeler
Phat32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thread for all those that are pre-ordering - wanted to have this open to help each other. Post your connectivity issues if they exist.
chipotle
setting the alarm for 1:45am
chipotle
Oh well
BrazosDog02
AG
Y'all are going to get up so you can see a server down?
chipotle
I'm getting up to bring a server down.
BrazosDog02
AG
F---YEAH!!
RebAg13
AG
We will bring it down
Mathguy64
AG
The servers are coming down all right. The Texags one. It's offline tonight midnight to 5 am.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
Y'all are going to get up so you can see a server down?

POTD

Btw TexAgs will be down all night tonight.
Kooch 3:16
AG
I'm in. 6 plus here I come.
Pro Ag
AG
I want to thank everyone for ordering the 6+ so that when I got up this morning I could order my 6 and still have it delivered on Friday.
OXDL45
AG
6 or 6 plus??

Not sure which size to get.
BrazosDog02
AG
I got a 6 and a 6+. Had to go through the AT&T site since apple was trapped out at 2am. Hope it still gets here.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
quote:
I got a 6 and a 6+. Had to go through the AT&T site since apple was trapped out at 2am. Hope it still gets here.

I did the same as well. It let me start at 1:58am and I was done by 2:02am. I got off the comp at 2:10 and the apple site was still down.

I just got an email from ATT saying est 14-21 business days shipping. Hopefully that's just being conservative.
adamsbq06
AG
Same for me Titan...
TitanAGGIE09
AG
quote:
Same for me Titan...

Everything I've read online AT&T is saying 21-28 days so maybe we're on the front end of that! I went to check the site and est ship dating just days "pending". Oh well, It'll get here when it gets here.
Short Round
AT&T let me in at 1:56. My 6 will be in on Friday.
bilbobag
I ordered two. The 6 for my wife will be here on Friday.

My 6 plus said 3-4 weeks
BrazosDog02
AG
Pwn3d....6 plus not here until October.

Why is the total amount financed so GD high??

Oh snap. 12 month at 40 bucks but it's really 20 month of financing!!!

**** that. Ain't paying no 850 for a phone. Order cancelled.
TracerX
6 plus for me and 6 for my boss. The 6 will be here on the 19th but the 6 plus was showing "14-21 days" from the get-go on ATT. I tried waiting for Apple to open up but they still weren't up by 2:30 so I livechatted ATT who said the 6 plus would be shipping on the 19th (shipping, not delivering) and decided that would be good enough.
adamsbq06
AG
not looking good. I just noticed this in my att account... the expected ship date is now reading Oct 31-Nov 11. Hopefully this is just because they are still processing.
Phat32
AG
Got up and ordered two 6's for wife and I.

Died a little inside when I ordered another for my mother with no hassle at 7AM.
schmendeler
AG
i'll be pre-ordering at the att store this evening. they won't let you upgrade your device online any more and keep your unlimited data plan.
adamsbq06
AG
hopefully you are wanting the 4.7 model because the 5.5 seems to be back ordered
schmendeler
AG
yeah, I have no interest in a phablet. honestly the 6 seems like it might take some getting used to.
TracerX
quote:
not looking good. I just noticed this in my att account... the expected ship date is now reading Oct 31-Nov 11. Hopefully this is just because they are still processing.
Better than me. I just checked my order status and it is now showing cancelled. ATT says there was an issue confirming my information which they conveniently had no problems with for the other device... Need to go find a wall to punch and then remind myself it is ridiculous to get frustrated over a phone.
bilbobag
That's crap about data plan. I would raise all kinds of hell..

So did the apple site go live at 2?
plarmigan
AG
quote:
i'll be pre-ordering at the att store this evening. they won't let you upgrade your device online any more and keep your unlimited data plan.

I ordered through att at 2:00am and given the option of keeping my current unlimited data plan (which I did obviously).
Phat32
AG
quote:

I kept unlimited plans on 3 orders through the Apple store this morning.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
quote:
quote:

I kept unlimited plans on 3 orders through the Apple store this morning.

I kept mine as well. Ordered through ATT at 2
desertfires93
AG
I just ordered mine at Walmart to get the cheaper price and gift card and so I didn't have to get up early. Here's to hoping it comes in next week
Texas_Aggie91
AG
After refreshing the Apple Store and Verizon for 45 minutes, Verizon finally worked. I'll have my 128GB 6 Plus delivered on Friday.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
quote:

Mine just did the same thing
Born N Bred Ag
AG
Good luck at trying to get the 6 at att. I went this morning early to pre order it and they were telling everyone its gonna be October 31st- November 11th before they expect to fufill those orders. Said the best bet would be trying to camp out and get one on release date. Cant even imagine what the wait for the 6plus is gonna be
schmendeler
AG
you guys were right, it's changed since last year when my wife upgraded her device. then, it forced her to select a plan online and only the "new" non-unlimited plans were available. just ordered mine online. if I don't get it the first day, that's fine with me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.