TMNT IV: Turtles in Time

1,695 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Seven Psycho Ags
TexAg_Kyle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have a copy they would sell to me? There is one on LukieGames.com but thought I'd ask before dropping $71.

http://www.lukiegames.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-IV-Super-Nintendo-SNES.html
Seven Psycho Ags
I thought they sold for 35-45?
chipotle
I really should have bought the remastered version on Xbox Arcade.
TexAg_Kyle
AG
I think that's the local price.
Seven Psycho Ags
eBay has some catridges around 50-55 w/ shipping
West Texan
AG
Maybe I should consider selling my copy if it's fetching $50-70!
tamuags08
AG
No kidding. I had no idea it was worth that much.
TexAg_Kyle
AG
I found one on ebay. $43 + Shipping.

Should I have wasted my money, probably not... The things you do for your childhood memories.
jokershady
AG
wow.....bought it online on the PS Network a long ways back for like $8
West Texan
AG
quote:
I found one on ebay. $43 + Shipping.

Should I have wasted my money, probably not... The things you do for your childhood memories.

It's worth it. Fantastic game.
TexAg_Kyle
AG
PSN was a failed remake. They changed the music and everything. Also it's no longer available. Likely because Ubisoft no longer has rights to the turtles.
rbcs_2
AG
SNES games are highly collectible right now. I have been having a really tough time finding games that are reasonably priced that I want to own. I'm not really a collector, I just want to play certain games again that I grew up playing.
Elu11
AG
Holy crap, time to send an email to my parents to look for the SNES
rbcs_2
AG
It's only certain games that go for a lot of money (not necessarily rare games though). If you have Earthbound, Wild Guns, Mega Man X series, you can get some serious cash. I never owned any of those, but I would rent them all the time. I'm now trying to actually own them, but it's impossible unless you want to spend about a grand. You should act now if you want to sell, because it's a pretty volatile market. Especially with Nintendo releasing a bunch of these games on there VC.
Seven Psycho Ags
Like rbcs said, the price of old games is expected to go back down so sell now. Right now everyone who grew up playing SNES and other systems are buying up the carts that still exist. Once their thirst is quenched the prices will lower. There's no real reason for them to be so high anyway- alot of the expensive games aren't that rare. (Note: I suck at economics)

I, too, am slowly building my collection. A digital copy just doesn't match the nostalgia of popping a cartridge into an old console.
rbcs_2
AG
Yes, games like Earthbound aren't rare at all (despite what some people like to claim). At any given time you can find 30+ carts on eBay for sale. But as long as people are willing to fork over $170 for it, the game will remain high.

Some games are "rare" such as Mega Man X3, Wild Guns, but I can't believe what people are willing to pay. I've seen Wild Guns go for $250. (I mention these games because these are the ones I'm interested in purchasing because they are fun. There are other rare games that suck, but people spend money just to own them.)

Retro game collecting (for the sake of collecting) is just an odd thing to me. My older brother recently sold his Sega Saturn and games collection for over $1000 (granted he had a good collection). I couldn't believe someone was willing to pay that much. The Saturn kinda sucked.
TX scallywAG
AG
Hyperstone Heist.... Sega does what NintenDONT

Seriously though.... almost the same game. Added levels in Genesis version. TMNT HST is cheaper in you have a Sega around also.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
Seven Psycho Ags
Damn you, Blast Processing!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.