Apple sues Samsung for phone likeness, Samsung makes watch, then apple makes watch

1,445 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by G Martin 87
The Debt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wtf?!
OXDL45
DB Coach
AG
It's not as if they just made one all of a sudden on a whim. They have been working on it for YEARS.
AgSoccer2007
AG
quote:
It's not as if they just made one all of a sudden on a whim. They have been working on it for YEARS.

Yaaaa I don't think the OP understands things like conceptual stages and R&D being different from release dates.
benMath08
AG
The only people that care are the lawyers anyways
wannaggie
The little square iPod Nanos have been wearable as watches for several years. That's why Apple included the option of a clock-face home screen. I have no idea who got to market first or whose R&D cycle started first, but multifunction wearable devices are hardly a new idea that someone just now copied from someone else.
The Debt
quote:
quote:

Yaaaa I don't think the OP understands things like conceptual stages and R&D being different from release dates.
And you think that defense worked for Samsung when Apple won their lawsuit?

G Martin 87
AG
Samsung didn't claim that it had been working on phones that happened to look like an iPhone for "years." Documents showed that Samsung changed its R&D direction after the iPhone was announced. Instead, Samsung tried to claim that Apple's patents were invalid. That argument didn't convince the jury.

http://cand.uscourts.gov/filelibrary/1079/Amended%20Jury%20Verdict.pdf
Barry Kripke
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

And you think that defense worked for Samsung when Apple won their lawsuit?

The difference is that Samsung blatantly ripped off iphone design elements.
Longstreet
"We've always been shameless about stealing great ideas."

Though I have to say, the quality of their thievery has declined of late. The 6 is a ripoff of a 2 year old Android phone, and their new watch is baboon-assed ugly.
BBQ4Me
AG
Is the OP being facetious or that clueless when it comes to IP?
Barry Kripke
AG
quote:
"We've always been shameless about stealing great ideas."

Though I have to say, the quality of their thievery has declined of late. The 6 is a ripoff of a 2 year old Android phone, and their new watch is baboon-assed ugly.

Totally, dude!! Hahahaha
DB Coach
AG
G Martin, my point was that Apple has been developing the iWatch for several years...not the samsung knockoff of the iPhone.
G Martin 87
AG
(I was responding to The Debt, not you.)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.