***Official Sept 9th Apple event thread***

26,535 Views | 319 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Jetpilot86
Jetpilot86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My beloved employer flew a 747 full of 6's from China Yesterday, and another tomorrow, 4 or 5 hundred thousand pounds worth. Have no idea how many phones that is....
-Signature Photo Below-

Never Fear, Never Quit.
Phat32
AG
So...

Knowing that the 6+ is 6.07 ounces and the 6 is 4.55 ounces, and 1 ounce is .0625 pounds...

That's 16 iPhones per pound...

If half of that weight is packaging and shipping materials...

~3.6MM phones?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Wonder what kind of insurance they had on that flight? Would be a lot of pissed off customers and a ton of $$$ gone if that thing went down or got high jacked.
Phat32
AG
Especially with the entire world knowing the flight numbers. Would be lots of nerd tears if they went down.
JonLobb
quote:
My beloved employer flew a 747 full of 6's from China Yesterday, and another tomorrow, 4 or 5 hundred thousand pounds worth. Have no idea how many phones that is....
Supply chain management is damn impressive. To think that from those 2 flights how many other flights and trucks will be involved to deliver the phones to the stores just in time for the release.

I imagine apple doesn't want the phones sitting around the store for any longer than absolutely necessary, which means special deliveries likely hours or less prior to the doors opening.
Jetpilot86
AG
quote:
quote:
Supply chain management is damn impressive. To think that from those 2 flights how many other flights and trucks will be involved to deliver the phones to the stores just in time for the release.

I imagine apple doesn't want the phones sitting around the store for any longer than absolutely necessary, which means special deliveries likely hours or less prior to the doors opening.

Yup, it pays my bills!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.