Free tech

449,529 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tfunk02
Trek Strategy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
howdy ags, I'm class of '00 and work for NETGEAR. This year, we started a friends and family program where we give out free product in exchange for honest reviews of the product online. No gimmicks. We make lots of stuff (NAS, routers, switches, extenders, modems, mobile hotspots, powerline). periodically, we'll reach out to our friends and family (they didn't say I couldn't invite the aggie family ) to test product. Once you sign up, you can decline or accept the specific product they ask you to review each time they email you, and you can get off the list anytime you want. if you want to join, click on the link below and sign up. This link takes you to our first F&F product, which is actually a live review right now. It will ask you if you want to receive other emails, just click yes and your name will be added to the database. Not everyone who asks for product will necessarily get one, as the number of review units are finite each time, but the earlier you respond the better the chance. The questionnaire must be filled out in order to qualify for the program. more t&c below. Too bad they don't have a few AP's at Kyle, my cell reception on Saturday was crap, although it looks like they'll be adding 4g distributors next year.

Happy testing!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XAVB5221

If you are selected, a letter will go out with the shipment of the product, asking you to
install, evaluate and write an objective review. To take part in
the program you are required to acknowledge you received the
product free from NETGEAR as a participant in the Friends and Family
Review Program.

Once the product is shipped, a follow up email will be sent to confirm receipt of product, containing a
convenient link to posting a review on Amazon.
Ganondorf
AG
How do we know we can trust you?

Also, it wants to know who referred the survey taker.
kb2001
AG
Where's your Ag tag?
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Ganondorf, use my name, Travis Rudolph. Class of '00, live in Dallas now. To be honest, this is like my second post on Texags. Got my sub about 6 months ago after reading free stuff for 4 years, and even though I'm '00, you might call me old when it comes to social networking.

kb2001, how do i get an Ag tag?
fta09
AG
quote:
7. What is an AgTag and how do I get one?

An AgTag is a designation which we apply to a poster's profile if they are a current or Former Student. The symbol shows up beneath a user's name in any post which they may make on the forums.

AgTags are verified through The Association of Former Students and can be added to your account via our AgTag Verification page.
TexAgs FAQ
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
kb2001, nevermind, I figured it out.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Thanks fta09. Helpful.
pnut02
AG
What the heck, I'll give it a shot
boy09
AG
Maybe I can get some powerline adapters to test and replace the Netgear ones that crapped out on me about a year ago...
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
well played sir.
ABKitch
AG
I know Mr. Rudolph...he is good people.

I signed up!
2006EE
AG
I signed up. Hopefully I get something cool.
Ganondorf
AG
I signed up earlier.
JeffAggie2012
AG
Question. Will I have to pay for a mobile service if selected for the mobile hot spot?
dubi
AG
In
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Jef***, we are working on that process right now. Final decision is TBD, but they are working on a process to provide a free 30 days with Aircard products.
wessimo
AG
In.
AggieBusDriver
AG
In
cr0wbar
AG
thanks T-Dawg
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Signed up. Didn't feel comfortable giving out the Amazon username though. Not sure why they requested it. Is it to track reviews?
Sling Blade
AG
in
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
mickey, because they are going to ask you to post a review on amazon, so they want to make sure that you have an account.
kb2001
AG
Signed up

Should I expect a confirmation email at the end of the survey? I got that impression after submitting the survey, but didn't see anything come in

Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
kb2001, I'll get an answer for you on that by the end of the day.
Ark03
AG
I signed up two days ago too, still waiting on an email.

Thanks for the opportunity! I hope it works out!
bigtruckguy3500
Thanks
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Hey guys, I just talked to the program manager. Until we get this process automated, there is only one person managing the program. She will not be sending out a confirmation email when you fill out individual surveys and will not send out an email for people who are NOT selected. So basically, for the rest of this year at least, you'll get one email saying "fill this out if you want to try this product" and one email if you are selected. Next year this thing will get automated and there will be more communication. I did confirm that if you filled out the link in the OP, your name was added to the database. Also, as I am closely tied to this, I can tell you that there are some cool products to be tested in the next 4-5 months, including some stuff yet to be announced that is very pricey.
Makdaddy
Just signed up, thanks for the opportunity.
JonLobb
signing up. I have a bunch of Netgear stuff already, definitely would be interested in getting more.
JonLobb
this is quite timely actually.

Just this weekend I bought a Netgear wifi range extender. I was also looking at powerline adapters as a way to bring ethernet from the bedroom where the AT&T router sits into the office where most of my tech is.
kb2001
AG
Thanks william1978!
rllguitar
AG
In!
92_Ag
AG
Cool offer! Signed up. Should be interesting as I can put some things through their paces.

As an aside, I'm about to pull the trigger on a GS728TPP. Any thoughts on that device and best place to purchase (I live in Dallas) or is Amazon the way to go? Sorry for the tech question and I understand if that's not your area - just thought I'd ask since you're affiliated with Netgear and might have the inside track on whether to wait for something yet to be released or if it's a great product.

I'll hang up and listen. Thanks!
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
92ag, Amazon is the way to go. They'll have the best price and if you're Prime, you'll get it in 2 days. You won't find that item in a retail store, so the only other way to go would be CDW or some site like that. That's a great product, you'll love it, and it now comes with lifetime warranty and solid tech support, us-based.
JonLobb
I haven't heard anything from you yet after filling out the survey. any idea how long it might take to be contacted, one way or the other?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.