TexAgs Redesign: Modern UI

2,732 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by cecil77
JonLobb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I can't see the number of post/views on a thread.

The decreased density makes it less functional for me.

And I would love to know what those "dozen things" are. Maybe I've missed something.

I also disagree on your "outdated" assessment. That is normally a style evaluation, not a functional one. I don't care how long somethings been in us, the Texags forums layout and function was dang near perfect. Now it looks much like many others, which isn't necessarily a good thing.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean you can't see the number of post/views on a thread.

Is this not what you mean?

at least 3 of those dozen things is in this cap as well

ability to see number of new posts since you last viewed
ability to jump straight to new posts
exact time elapsed since last post (instead of figuring it out in your head)

If one of those was highlighted blue it would illustrate a 4th, showing threads where you've been quoted.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
You used to able to hit back, read posts (and copy additional text), hit forward, and your typed out message was still there since it was a new page. The pop up replies killed this.
you can close the pop up (or hit cancel) and if you hit Post Reply what you had is still there.

Little more cumbersome, but the functionality still works.

***edit***
after more testing, the functionality is only there if you use the post reply button first. If you directly reply or quote from the post, it wont work.

who do I submit the mod request to make that a global function????
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
quote:

And I would love to know what those "dozen things" are. Maybe I've missed something.

I also disagree on your "outdated" assessment. That is normally a style evaluation, not a functional one. I don't care how long somethings been in us, the Texags forums layout and function was dang near perfect. Now it looks much like many others, which isn't necessarily a good thing.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean you can't see the number of post/views on a thread.

If one of those was highlighted blue it would illustrate a 4th, showing threads where you've been quoted.
You could jump straight to new posts in the last format.

But, the quote thing is blue if someone responds to you.
JonLobb
quote:
quote:
quote:

You could jump straight to new posts in the last format.

But, the quote thing is blue if someone responds to you.
IIRC you could jump to the last post in a thread, but not to the first unread post, as you can now. I may be wrong and just didn't know how to do it.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

IIRC you could jump to the last post in a thread, but not to the first unread post, as you can now. I may be wrong and just didn't know how to do it.

You jumped to the first unread post.
cecil77
AG
The mobile version shows the number of unread posts.

My bad on the number of posts. Old eyes/small grey print and not visualizing that thing as an eyeball.

My only real complaint is the density. The efficiency of the way the posts were presented in the old version was suberb. IMO quite a bit superior to this version. I hope they don't change the mobile version as this presentation would really suck on my phone. I default to the mobile version here on the desktop, but have been using the new version some to try it out.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
My only real complaint is the density. The efficiency of the way the posts were presented in the old version was suberb. IMO quite a bit superior to this version.

I agree [/Christi97]
cecil77
AG
It's the watchlist that doesn't show the number of posts.
cecil77
AG
OK, after spending more time with the new version and learning the nooks/crannies it does have some nice new features. And like all software changes, accustomization is a large part of the transition. I still prefer the igher density of the old version though. And even though I understand it, I don't care for all the stories that I don't have access to taking so much space on the forum screen.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.