Hdmi inputs suddenly stopped I working

457 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by TX scallywAG
Save the empire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have an older sharp aquos 46d64u model tv and out do nowhere it just stopped receiving the picture or displaying the picture on hdmi. 2 of 3 give no picture at all. The 3rd works for about 5 minutes and then cuts in and out before finally losing the display completely. I've tried plugging in a PS2 through audio video cables and it worked fine (though I only did it for a couple minutes so it may cut out like the 3rd hdmi input). I also tried to switch cables and use chrome cast to make sure it wasn't the cable box or the hdmi cord with the same result.

Any idea what this could be and how to resolve. I found a deal for a mid range 42" LG fpr $299 on slickdeals and thinking about pulling the trigger to replace. This is not our main set. Any idea would be great before buying a new set

"Damn the man, Save the Empire"
stridulent
AG
Are all your devices connected to the HDMI slots also connected to surge protection? I've seen this happen before where a device receives a surge and blows the HDMI cards on each end of the cord.
Save the empire
They are all on the same surge protector but only two slots were in use at any time but all are failing.
TX scallywAG
AG
Look up how to factory reset your TV (usually something like holding the down menu arrow + another button).

HDMI ports are usually on auto-detect... this gets finicky sometimes. I've fixed my Vizio & a friend's Sony this way.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.