New phone..

743 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by gigemhilo
bilbobag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Debating on getting a new phone.

Currently, I have the Iphone 5s.. Tired of the small screen..

Are the rumors true that the iPhone 6 will have 5.5 inch screen?

If so has does that compare to the Samsung Galaxy 5 or Samsung Notebook?

Functionality, which is better?

Thanks
howdydamnit04
AG
Rumors on the iPhone are still rumors. No one knows for sure what they will do. If you like the iPhone but hate the screen, wait a couple weeks to see.

In the meantime borrow someone's android and play with it. However unlike iphones you can customize the crap out of it (for good or bad). My wife and I both have Note 2s and I have a S3 for work as well. I hate touching her phone because it is cluttered and disorganized but mine is a bastion of organization.

I've had 2 different iphones and 5 androids and they all have their pros and cons.
Aero95
AG
Next Apple announcement is Sep 9, so you don't have long to wait and see if they'll release the bigger screen as rumored.

Endless options in the Android world...that work wonderfully.
RebAg13
AG
There will be two new iPhones. Current rumor is a 4.7 inch available after announcement with a possible delay on the 5.5 inch model.

I've owned both androids and iphones (even a windows phone!) And its fun to switch around platforms and see what you enjoy

[This message has been edited by rebornaggie2013 (edited 8/27/2014 11:52a).]
HossAg
AG
I switched to android and like it better. There are things about iOS 8 that are better than KitKat, though, so just explore your options
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Waiting til the Note 4....waiting...waiting...
AggieFrog
AG
I had the iPhone 3G & 4, then switched to an S3 then Nexus 5 and currently have the LG G3. If you enjoy Apple's walled garden then it's probably best. If you like to customize your phone to your liking then Android is probably best. Personally, I'd have a hard time going back to iOS after using Android.
gigemhilo
AG

The iphone 5 or 5s is on the left. The other two are the new sizes - 4.7 and 5.5. The 4.7 will be available when it launches in september. The 5.5 is coming later, but no one knows when.

this is from http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-6/

[This message has been edited by gigemhilo (edited 8/27/2014 1:27p).]
AggieFrog
AG
That 5.5" model may be a little unwieldy to hold with those large bezels.
VanGogh@1
Overall android is a worse experience but it has its perks that outweigh its overall negatives to some people.

The large screen is a very large perk that many people enjoyed with android. Apple is responding to consumer preferences and releasing a larger screened phone with their next iphone.
AggieFrog
AG
quote:
Overall android is a worse experience

That's definitely debatable. iOS is more dummy-proof but that doesn't make it a necessarily better experience.
HossAg
AG
quote:
Overall android is a worse experience but it has its perks that outweigh its overall negatives to some people.

The large screen is a very large perk that many people enjoyed with android. Apple is responding to consumer preferences and releasing a larger screened phone with their next iphone.

I find android easier to navigate than iOS. That's coming from a 4 year iOS user than has been on android for not even a month.
fta09
AG
I got a Galaxy S5 a few weeks ago and love it.
ChiveOn
AG
OP—interested in selling your iPhone? My coworker took his swimming and is needing a replacement.
agracer
AG
quote:

no it's not.
Longstreet
I use them both, and this
quote:

is not remotely true.

quote:
Functionality, which is better?

Whichever one you like the best after playing with them both for a while. I prefer Android, and could list all the things I don't like about ios, but it'd just be my opinion.

There was a time, early on, that Android was definitely clunkier, in looks and performance. That time is past. Both will do the things needed and wanted by most smartphone users. Pick your poison!

[This message has been edited by Longstreet (edited 8/28/2014 10:40a).]
stridulent
AG
I went from iPhone 4s to SG3. I preferred the SG3 by a long shot as I enjoy customizing things to my liking. Now I am looking into some of the new Windows phones as my work doesn't allow email on Android and I'm curious.
Longstreet
quote:
Now I am looking into some of the new Windows phones as my work doesn't allow email on Android and I'm curious.

One of my sons has a Nokia 920 and he loves it. I've flirted with Windows on both of my last upgrades, and may go there yet just to do something different, my general disdain for Microsoft notwithstanding. The new M8 Windows definitely catches my eye.
stridulent
AG
I am assuming the Windows phones work much better and more similarly to the Androids and iPhones today. I had one of the early Windows smart phones before my iPhone 4s and it got pretty sluggish. But that was about 8 years ago now.
Pro Ag
AG
quote:
The 4.7 will be available when it launches in september. The 5.5 is coming later, but no one knows when.

I've got to think this will hurt their sales.

My first smart phone was the iPhone 3g and I've been on iPhones ever since. I didn't like the size change from the 4 to 5 so I'm certainly not going to just blindly jump at the 6 when it is going to come in different sizes at different times.

I'm open to Android, but I don't want to tinker and like that many devices/apps are built to iOS first (my wife can't even sync her Android phone to her fitbit via Bluetooth because of how the OS is restricted to move forward on her device).

We'll see what happens on 9/9.
gigemhilo
AG
I agree - I read somewhere that the delay in the bigger size was due to manufacturing constraints, not sales strategy. so take that for what its worth.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.