Moving Direct TV

498 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by BEaggie08
clobby
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am moving and I don't want to pay any fees or extend my direct tv contract at all. Has anyone moved their dish to a new location with success? We have the new genie box thing and will be moving to a new timezone. Will the box adjust or will we still have Texas shows and times? tia
LostInLA07
AG
You'll just have to give them your new location. Otherwise your locals won't work.

[This message has been edited by Lostinla07 (edited 8/26/2014 8:38p).]
BEaggie08
AG
quote:
You'll just have to give them your new location. Otherwise your locals won't work.
Not exactly. You'll just continue to get the locals of your previous address. If there is a satellite on the new place, then you can just hook the box up and keep rolling.

If you want the locals in your new location, then you'll need to change your service address.

clobby
AG
Thanks
bmc13
AG
quote:
quote:
Not exactly. You'll just continue to get the locals of your previous address. If there is a satellite on the new place, then you can just hook the box up and keep rolling.

If you want the locals in your new location, then you'll need to change your service address.

depends on how far you're moving, though. over 100-200 miles and you likely will be outside of your old spot beam so you won't get the old locals. I did have good luck realigning my old dish after a move, though. just have to be willing to tinker with it and also make sure the mount is level.
clobby
AG
I'll be moving a few states over
BEaggie08
AG
If you want to keep your current locals, give it a shot. If you want locals that are tied to your new location, just call and change your service address.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.