Madden 15 for xbone

4,582 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Mr.KyleReed
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else on this already with ea early access?

Madmarttigan is my gt
Ranger222
AG
Just got back from vacation. Downloading now.
irock2513
AG
Had a really fun time with The Gauntlet... Which is where I've spent most of my time. Painfully addictive, and the boss levels are hilariously fun
Kampfers
AG
I think it is a big step up from 25. I love the new tutorials where it teaches you how to read cover 2, cover 3, etc. I will be waiting for it to get released to the vault, however.

Haven't played the gauntlet yet, going to have to try it out. I have like 4 hours or so left.
Ranger222
AG
They've definitely made this game centered on the defense. I'm actually enjoying playing as defenders with the defender-lock and new camera angles. Pass rushing simplified and fun as well.

They said they were tweaking in-game presentation -- it's still horrible with Simms/Nance. Already annoyed by their commentary.

Overall thought feels like a step in the right direction.
Madmarttigan
AG
I love how the "trial" I paid for, from ea access, is only 6 hours. Kind of garbage, but I suppose I got the game a dollar off and got to play some early.
2006EE
AG
How is Johnny?
Madmarttigan
AG
He does fine but I feel like the browns defense is pretty bad in the game.
Seven Psycho Ags
I'm assuming there's a way I can start the season with Manziel on Houston? I only ever played exhibition in the past so I don't know
nguyenning
AG
Yes you can manually adjust rosters and save them. I will be instantly putting Johnny on the Texans and giving the Browns Fitzpatrick and Tom Savage lol

What's Johnny's speed, quickness, elusiveness etc... ratings anyway?
Seven Psycho Ags
I think you just sold this game to me
k20dub
AG
Will be picking this up tomorrow. Early reviews have been positive. Not the best sports game ever, but definitely a lot better than Madden 25.
zgood10
AG
Got the XB1/Madden 15 bundle. Looking forward to it
Ranger222
AG
This article describes some of Johnny's ratings --

speed: 82
acceleration, agility, throwing power all 90+

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2154636-madden-15-player-ratings-rookies-to-guide-through-connected-careers
jeffk
AG
What's the gauntlet?
JR Ewing
AG
XBL: CHUNKY LIVE
Madmarttigan
AG
Bleh I guess it is an effin pacific time release.
RedlineAg08
Got it for ps4. Fantasy draft with Joeckle, Manziel, Evans, and Michael.

Manziel is good. He's a superstar so he'll rank up quick. Defense exists in this game. Pass rushing is awesome. Jadevron Clowney wrecked Luke thru the 1st half of my game. Had to roll right and shift a TE over to help so Manziel could lead a 17pt. 2nd half comeback while my defense stonewalled them.

Limited play time but it feels like the best Madden game yet.
Thunder18
AG
Havent played madden in years but might have to grab this since ncaa football is indefinitely on the shelf
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
Havent played madden in years but might have to grab this since ncaa football is indefinitely on the shelf

This is exactly why I bought it
Ranger222
AG
I'd be in for a TexAgs Connected Career if anyone is interested. Or just H2H play.

Gamertag: Ran9er222
Ryan34
AG
Haven't played Madden in a few years. Can someone break down what's new? In excruciating detail please.

But seriously though. What's the connected career? Basically the equivalent of the online franchise for the career mode I'm guessing. Is it fun?
2006EE
AG
quote:
Fantasy draft with Joeckle, Manziel, Evans, and Michael.

Is this possible in the game without online play?

Haven't played Madden since super nintendo.
RedlineAg08
I haven't played in a couple of years either, Ryan. Just bought a PS4 a couple of days ago so I could buy the new Madden game and check out an Aggie filled NFL team... $700 to feed my addiction because I had to buy my wife BF4 Premium. Absolutely sickens me when I think of the total cost.

Popped out of bed at 3am this morning like a kid at Christmas. Played for 3:15am-6am

Connect Franchise is like the old franchise. You can play online or offline. Fantasy Draft in both. You get so many hours a week that you can practice, develop players, gameplan, etc.

Here's what's changed for me:
Playcalling:
I'm not sure if you can change it back to the old way, but they basically give you a selection of plays for the down/distance with stats on those plays' effectiveness, how often you've called it, your opponents tendencies on this down/distance, etc.

Tackling:
You get a cone as you approach a ball carrier, and it's supposed to reduce your tendency to miss the ball carrier with a dive tackle/hit stick.

Blocking:
The offensive line seems to work much better together. Opening up holes, double teaming, etc.

Defensive Line:
R2 right before the snap lets you fire off the line. Then a square (power moves) or "x" (finesse moves) appears for you to press to perform the pass rush move. Bull rushes, swims, spins all seem to work really well, and I was able to generate a pass rush with 4 linemen.

Player Ratings:
Players are rated for your system. So Robert Quinn is a speed rusher, and if you scheme is a 4-3 he'll be rated great. If you're a 3-4 his rating is worse. Same goes for every position. Zone CBs and Man-To-Man CBs and their rated based on your scheme. Zone Blocking linemen and "Big Maulers"

Defense exists. I like a strong DLine that can shut down a running game and allow the rest of my players to play in coverage. Against Matt Forte, he went 15 carries for 55 yards. One play was a 20 yard pitch. The rest I shut his ass down with a 3-4, 2-4-5 only blitzing occasionally on passing downs.
Granted my DLine consists of JJ Watt and D. Poe, but they actually make a difference and hold the line, take up double teams, so my LBers are free to make tackles.

CPUs QB is incredibly efficient. Kirk Cousins was like 16-20 with a pick. They find the open man if there is one. If not, it's a sack. If your defense is giving up the short mid field they'll check into short slants and crossing routes at the line and take it all day.

I'm a beginner again, still need to learn all the little things like disguising defenses and shifting coverage that I heard they added. Plan on logging a little more play time this weekend, if I can get free.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
Is this possible in the game without online play?

Yes. It's called connected franchise mode. Can have 1 to 32(online) team owners. Although I believe an internet connection is required to play.
AgFB
AG
Damn you Ed Obannon. Now I'm going to have to buy this instead of play NCAA football. Keep updating us.
Ag CPA
AG
Bought it today for the first time in probably eight years for PS4, have not played yet but I am guessing I am going to have to relearn everything from scratch given the layoff.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I miss NCAA football on the xbox
Tabasco
AG
quote:
I had to buy my wife BF4 Premium.

That's hawt!
watty
AG
This game is awesome. Best, smoothest, fairest game play I can remember seeing in a long time. It looks great visually and it plays like a football game should. I'm VERY pleased. Last year's version was maybe the worst game play I can ever remember. It was indescribably bad. This year they've worked on the things that sucked last year and made it both fun and realistic again.
Madmarttigan
AG
Interceptions seem very easy to throw in this game but I don't consider that a bad thing. Was playing against chunky last night and it was a turnover festival lol.

I think the switching to a defender and holding Y was helping me get a lot of them though.
JR Ewing
AG
quote:
Interceptions against CHUNKY LIVE seem very easy to do in this game. AS I WAS DESTROYING HIM WITH THE BRONCOS LAST NIGHT, it was a tremendous amount of FUN celebrating the turnover festival which was occurring AT HIS EXPENSE lol.

I think the switching to a defender and holding Y was helping me get a lot of them though.
FIFY...
k20dub
AG
I've played it for a total of about 45 minutes and all I can say is WOW. MAJOR improvement over last year's version. The graphics are incredible, first of all. They make changing the camera angles easy and helpful. As someone else mentioned, it is now more fun to play defense. I only got to play as the Panthers against the Seahawks because it was still downloading, but I am excited to play as the Texans and Browns.
easttexasaggie04
AG
After I beat Outlast I'll think I'll pull the trigger on this one. I haven't bought a Madden game in a long time.
Madmarttigan
AG
Chunky I think the broncos CB Talib was your MVP receiver.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.